Hide
6 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: spidicules and a flying base rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zombie Marcs
msg tools
Was think about attaching clear rod and a square base for spidicules. I wanted to magnatize the legs so and maybe base the hands as well to prevent fingers from breaking.

so my question is this, what size bases should i get? for body and hands/legs? I have spidicules on order and wanted to start getting every thing ready for his arrival! THANKS for any info

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pierce
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lehane Richards
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Zombiemarcs wrote:
Was think about attaching clear rod and a square base for spidicules. I wanted to magnatize the legs so and maybe base the hands as well to prevent fingers from breaking.

so my question is this, what size bases should i get? for body and hands/legs? I have spidicules on order and wanted to start getting every thing ready for his arrival! THANKS for any info

I personally wouldn't base it as players can move under it, plus it can stand over scenery. Magnetizing the legs could pose a problem as it would fall down. Plus, the fingers won't break. The model is actually very light.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen F
msg tools
mbmbmb
I just finished magnetizing my Spidicule, and it's working better than I'd expected actually. The rear legs have quite big slots, which I managed to fit in 3 magnets each of 3x1mm. All the others only got a single 2x1mm magnet, but what's helping you here is that those legs have pretty log 'pegs', so you've got some friction and gravity holding things steady.
It can stand on its own whithout any legs falling off (it can also stand with only 6 legs attached), I can pick it up at the body or even by some of the legs and I can move it around without anything falling off. It can even endure some mild shaking.
The front legs are the trickiest in a way, because of how their slots are shaped, they are prone to coming off if pushed in 1 particular direction (its a leverage thing).

Haven't played with it yet, but I think it'll work out pretty well. Only thing is, when you put it down the legs splay out a little under its own weight (just because the plastic legs bend a little).

Edit; just in case I was ambiguous when I say 3x1 mm, I mean a round magnet (disk-shaped) 3 mm in diameter and 1mm thick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I glued my spidicules to large sheet of perspex. It's very solid now, there is none of the springiness in the legs. I'm very happy with the result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.