Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jenna Sunderlin
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 2 year old was randomly pressing buttons on our microwave this morning. Next time I passed by it was saying to enter our zip code.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
The GPS in your microwave needs to be calibrated. Popcorn pops faster at sea level than it does at altitude. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
You should check to see if he got ahold of one of your credit cards, and entered that in there as well, using the zip code as a verification method (like they do at some gas pumps).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
meej wrote:
My 2 year old was randomly pressing buttons on our microwave this morning. Next time I passed by it was saying to enter our zip code.

I believe it is an elevation thing, to help standardize cook times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny O aka Johnny Soul
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Harvester of eyes, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought mine asked for that once and I accidentally baked a potato for 40,602 seconds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
I thought mine asked for that once and I accidentally baked a potato for 40,602 seconds.

I read this at work and couldn't stop giggling. My boss thinks I'm nuts, but what the hell, this really tickled my funny bone. Thanks, Scrib!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
That taught it a lesson it will not forget.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I once melted the ceiling of a microwave. And that's how I learned a) there's a difference between the timer and the microwave time counter and b) that my mom can make a really funny face and c) that allowances can be taken away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:

Yeah, that's about half the time needed to bake a potato...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes me feel better about the day I hit too many zeroes and warmed up my lunch for 20 minutes on high.

....ayup. It was warm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:

Well, it's good you didn't do it for 40,603 seconds. That would have been disastrous!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The elevation above sea level is definitely a thing. It was part of the instructions on dehydrated stuff we'd take on campouts, at least when I was younger and the idea was sort of new for ordinary civilian use.

(Not that microwave ovens were part of the equation yet.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
My mum microwaved a wheat bag (hotpack) for god-knows how long and set fire to the oven. When I got to the house it was filled with smoke and it was impossible to see from one side of a room to the next.

If you nuke a bag of wheat for long enough something in the wheat melts into black, acrid, adhesive tar.

Shortly after we moved mum to a nursing home...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
She was basically making home-brewed bio-diesel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.