Draco Magi» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reinforce with Magic and # of dragons on battlefield. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
OK, we're confused about this and couldn't find the answer.

Let's say my opponent only has 1 dragon on her side of the battlefield. I attack with Magic, Bite Twice, Bind. She only has Reinforce and two Claw cards left in her hand. What happens?

1 - Does the reinforce card let her reinforce before losing the battlefield while avoiding all extra unblocked damaged? Or would she need to at least block the two bites, for example, as to be hit by only one card (magic)?

2 - She reinforces with a Silver dragon, thus drawing 3 new cards. Does she ALSO draw 3 extra cards since she's played Reinforce, Claw, and Claw against my Magic?

If that is all legal, that would mean she would not lose the battlefield, avoid the extra damage and reinforce with a dragon that would let her draw 6 new cards (3 for the dragon, 3 for defending with three cards against a magic attack) when reinforcing.

?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Penrose
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am far from am expert on this, but what you described sounds right to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Burke
United States
Belmont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldSirius wrote:

Let's say my opponent only has 1 dragon on her side of the battlefield. I attack with Magic, Bite Twice, Bind. She only has Reinforce and two Claw cards left in her hand. What happens?

1 - Does the reinforce card let her reinforce before losing the battlefield while avoiding all extra unblocked damaged? Or would she need to at least block the two bites, for example, as to be hit by only one card (magic)?

2 - She reinforces with a Silver dragon, thus drawing 3 new cards. Does she ALSO draw 3 extra cards since she's played Reinforce, Claw, and Claw against my Magic?

If that is all legal, that would mean she would not lose the battlefield, avoid the extra damage and reinforce with a dragon that would let her draw 6 new cards (3 for the dragon, 3 for defending with three cards against a magic attack) when reinforcing.

?

She can play reinforce to move a dragon from another battlefield. She cannot play the claws, they are useless. You cannot play claws if you are not defending claws.

If she plays reinforce she draws cards equal to the melee value of the dragon she moved.

So if it was a Silver dragon, she gets three cards.

She cannot play a Flight because of the Bind, so she must still defend the two bites AND the Magic.

That's the only way she could survive that attack.

She MUST play a Magic, Magic Shield or Ancient Magic to defend the Magic or she loses her last dragon, and loses the battlefield. If she does get lucky, and draws a magic card and two bites to defend with her reinforce draw, she may not draw more cards, per the magic card rules. She survives, but gets no cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Tinyelvis wrote:
GoldSirius wrote:

?

She can play reinforce to move a dragon from another battlefield. She cannot play the claws, they are useless. You cannot play claws if you are not defending claws.

If she plays reinforce she draws cards equal to the melee value of the dragon she moved.

So if it was a Silver dragon, she gets three cards.

She cannot play a Flight because of the Bind, so she must still defend the two bites AND the Magic.

That's the only way she could survive that attack.

She MUST play a Magic, Magic Shield or Ancient Magic to defend the Magic or she loses her last dragon, and loses the battlefield. If she does get lucky, and draws a magic card and two bites to defend with her reinforce draw, she may not draw more cards, per the magic card rules. She survives, but gets no cards.

Thank you for the reply, Robert!
So, we thought we could always play random cards that would have no effect to draw more cards from a Magic attack, but I guess we played that wrong all along.

Then, you only get to draw new battle cards for cards you effectively DEFEND against. And, if you play Reinforce, then the new cards drawn and played to defend thanks to the new dragon's melee value do NOT count for drawing new battle cards.

I see. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.