Subject: Each wound = -1 Action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eduardo Ortiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
So in the never ending effort to make Z:BP a more challenging and interesting experience I started playing the game with this new variant.

Which is basically this: Each wound you take = -1 action

You start the game with 3 actions and can have up to 3 wounds, so it all makes sense. It also doesn't turn the survivors into useless minis, since there's many other skills that compensate for this (Sprint, Spellcaster, +1 Combat Action, etc).

What it does is it makes wounds more serious, as they also affect your performance, and i really like this. I've played 2 games with the variant and don't really feel I'll ever play without it again.

I took the idea from the Conan game, which does the same thing with its energy tokens (energy tokens count as actions, each time you get hurt you loose a energy token).

I should add that I play the game with these potion cards in order to be able to heal some wounds, but you could use the food item cards in the same way, consume a food item = heal one wound.

I include 4 of this potion cards in the search deck.

OR

3 of this one

It's a very easy to implement variant that I think adds a lot of tension and fun. Let me know what you think!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
msg tools
Instead of adding the potions, why not use the food items to add 1 xp OR heal 1 wound?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Griner
United States
Byron
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Black Lantern Leslie Nielsen is going to tear out your heart for Necron!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not too fond of this variant rule. More interested in the potion cards.

I have a suggestion for the second healing potion: Make it a Yellow or Orange only item. Something this potent shouldn't be readily available to players in Blue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Ortiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
hoodwink99 wrote:
Instead of adding the potions, why not use the food items to add 1 xp OR heal 1 wound?

Yep that totally works as well. Let me know what you think if you decide to try this variant out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Ortiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
GForceTG79 wrote:
Not too fond of this variant rule. More interested in the potion cards.

I have a suggestion for the second healing potion: Make it a Yellow or Orange only item. Something this potent shouldn't be readily available to players in Blue.

Well if for some reason they did get two wounds right at the beginning of the game I don't see why they wouldn't be able to use it then. I mean it's not like the potion is giving them advantage over killing zombies right? plus they are limited so it's not like they're gonna keep using them and using them. I have made several potions over at this thread that are all available to all threat levels. It's up to you how and when you want to use them. Check them out.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1605137/potions-and-lockpic...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Evans
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
edsounddesign wrote:
hoodwink99 wrote:

Yep that totally works as well. Let me know what you think if you decide to try this variant out!

We have been using food items to cure a wound OR gain an XP for some time and find it works just fine. I also really like the idea of the potions. Having a single healing spell which you may never even get to seems over harsh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.