Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me...
Regrets
Not exchanging email from a guy at a on con upon request. I got sidetracked with something at the moment, and never followed up on it

Forgot to check out Origins. I had 2 chances to do so.

Should've been more proactive about making friends at various cons and bg groups. I'll end up never seeing these people again, so I really had nothing to lose.

Should've sent some email messages to some of the groups I no longer go to just to keep in touch.

Should've been more proactive about hitting on women at various cons and bg groups too. I've known quite a few couples who met each other from their bg experiences.

Bought too many games (like every other, other person here on BGG )

Did go a bit crazy on the sleeving craze. Some of them were DEFINITELY warranted (on a few select games like Race For The Galaxy, and games with hidden traitors like Battlestar Galactica), but I definitely could've skipped them for DBG (Dominion, and 4 sets of Thunderstone)

Satisfactions
Amongst the contacts I've made, I still email one of them once or twice a year.

Gave away several games, even though I could've sold them for a bit a cash. For example, Kingsburg went to a non-gaming group who really enjoyed it, despite it being a 2.5-hour, first game with 5p! And that was a group who I quoted as saying "let's play one of our games... all of your games take over an hour to play!"

Even I don't do much of it anymore, but still very glad I did it. Quite a unique experience

Lead me to BGG.com. You can still get a lot out of it even if you aren't able to get much gaming in.

It's also lead to other fun activities and events (like via Meetup, tech groups, video gaming groups)

Board gamers often have other similar, shared interests (e.g. video games, technology, computers, game design, real estate, local events), so that adds other topics to the social aspect.

I enjoy teaching and explaining things to people, so bg-ing was a nice outlet for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have but one regret:

Playing that card. WHY DID I play that card!?!?

I feel this regret (or some variation thereof) just about every game I play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regrets:

-Not playing my "family" game night enough.
-Spending money on games that I haven't even played, and may take a while to get to the table.
-Having about 100 minis to paint up just waiting for me to start.

Satisfactions:

-The interaction with my family and board game group.
-The new and wonderful hobby of painting (very peaceful, zen-like hobby).
-Challenging my brain and keeping it active.
-New friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Satisfactions: Playing a whole lot of games.

Regrets: Should have played more.

Pete (is simple)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Not buying Clash of Cultures + the now OOP Civilizations expansion.

Not buying Merchants & Marauders + the now OOP Seas of Glory expansion.

Yeah, they really need to sort out the availability of the expansions. Ive held of buying both games due to this.

Just played Merchants and Marauders with the expansion. My friend managed to track the expansion down recently in a small UK shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.