7 Posts

Aeon's End» Forums » General

Subject: PnP for nonbackers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bartosz Bedynski
Poland
flag msg tools
Hi. I know PnP version is available for kickstarter backers, but i would really want to test Aeon's End. Do we know if it would ever be available for people that missed kickstarter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nothing is known at the moment. However, if you ask the creator, they might make a pnp for nonbackers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
At present, we are only offering the pnp for backers--as it was promised in the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Alcock
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
So... people just finding out about the game or don't regularly follow Kickstarter are left with the scraps? I don't like, but I understand the business behind, exclusive characters, alt sculpts, or some other fluff offered as enticement, but when companies have entire sections or expansions of the game exclusive to the campaign I can't support their business. What of the 99% of potentially new players from now to 5 years down the road (if you are lucky) just discovering your game on Miniatures Market, Amazon, or any other sales site?
They are now getting an incomplete game or at least a game lacking in its full potential.
The community needs to push back against this type of sales tactic and companies need to rethink their policy on what should be exclusive material.

Just my opinion, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imho this was not one of those kickstarter exclusive heavy campaigns.

This is the only stuff not in retail and I don't see the exclusive word being used, so no need to worry this will probably become available.
Quote:

There are plans to have some stretch goals be not included in the retail copies of the game. Those stretch goals would still be available through us at conventions and possibly through Board Game Geek at a later time.

Imho they did it right in this campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah you aren't getting an incomplete game. You are just getting the retail version of the game to add expansions to later. Kickstarters just had the opportunity to get expansion and promo content earlier than non-kickstarters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There are only two exclusive pieces of content that will not be in retail: 3 general nemesis cards and market setup cards--neither of which impact the game in any substantial way (esp. the latter, as it is just a guideline for placing cards in setup).

The majority of what you showed in that KS image will be in a separate expansion, which will be in retail. Backers just got it for free with their pledge. ALL content in the KS will be in retail except for the two aforementioned exclusives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.