Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like Mayday sleeves aren't getting restocked at online retailers. Is it my imagination? Was this discussed / announced somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed it a while back. I ended up buying FFG sleeves instead. I was happy with Mayday's product but I'm not brand loyal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MM restocked recently of some stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Dunn
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually just buy straight from Mayday. They have enough sales going on most of the time, it works out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Kratochwill
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
I need to change this now that it's not football season.
badge
Almond crusted halibut, lemon crown, thin sliced radishes, parsley
mbmbmbmbmb
Dismas wrote:
I usually just buy straight from Mayday. They have enough sales going on most of the time, it works out!

Ditto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniature Market is no longer carrying them. I emailed customer service to ask earlier this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bookblogger wrote:
Miniature Market is no longer carrying them. I emailed customer service to ask earlier this week.

So that's why they have the Games Plus sleeves on the main page the last few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Quick

Riverside
California
msg tools
captds9e wrote:
bookblogger wrote:

So that's why they have the Games Plus sleeves on the main page the last few days.

So how do these sleeves compare in microns, etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
jsquick wrote:
captds9e wrote:
bookblogger wrote:

They don't specify. Game Plus Products is formerly HCD Supplies, but I can't find much about any of their products either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
jsquick wrote:

A quick search shows unverified statements that Premium sleeves are 90 microns. My Dominion collection is sleeved up in those, and they feel just as good as FFG's 100 microns. I can definitely tell the difference between 80 and 100, but 90 and 100 are pretty close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dismas wrote:
I prefer to buy sleeves for games I'm buying which also helps to pad orders to get free shipping. I typically don't need $50 worth of sleeves at a time, and the sleeves I usually need are odd sizes and hard to predict in advance, so stocking up doesn't make a lot of sense. If the choice is buy sleeves directly from Mayday or find a different brand that I can buy from the same store I get my games, I'll likely be switching brands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
jsquick wrote:
captds9e wrote:
bookblogger wrote:

Just picked up some standard size of these. The thickness felt fine, but the sleeves themselves are much bigger than Mayday sleeves of the same listed size. The cards fit loose enough that if you turn a sleeve upside down and shake it can fall out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.