Popular Tags: [View All]
Oliver Kiley
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

This has been a little PnP project. I've been wanting to try Witch's Brew for years, and of course copies are crazy expensive since it's OOP. I bought Broom Service a few weeks ago (which I quite like), but it isn't the same as what Witch's Brew offers - so making a PnP copy was my only choice. Here's some of the details:

Cards. You can find English card fronts in the BGG gallery, so with a little image editing I was able to get a pretty nice set of card files that I formatted and printed out (including backs). Was a fun little graphic design endeavor.

Drop Tokens. Gamecrafter sells wooden "drop" tokens in a bunch of colors. I accidentally ordered purple instead of red (doh!) so some red ones are on the way. The tokens are $0.10 each, so not too bad at all ($6.00 for all 60 potion tokens).

Vials. Search amazon for "mini glass vials". Or click HERE. $6 bucks for 50 of them. Not bad!

Gold. I'll keep my eye out for something better, but right now I'm using pennies. wooot!

Box was a 4" cardstock craft box from Michael's (craft store). They are about $2.50 each.

Maybe some day they will reprint this one, or at least someone post the files for a cards in a more usable format. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Well done; really nice job!

We made ours using a German copy and replacing the player cards with six sets of sixth-player cards that we collected over a period of about a year. It means the card-backs are all the same, but that's not important; I remember how satisfying it was when we finally completed it though!

Susie_Cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kiley
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's funny. Back when I joined BGG in 2010, this was one of the first games I stumbled across and remember wanting to get. I think I even saw a copy on a store shelf but when I went back a week later it was gone. I've been watching the price for OOP copies tick up ever since. Figured I'd buy Broom Service as a good citizen as part of the deal for crafting a PnP copy.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you be prepared to post/share these files you have made for the cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.