3 Posts

Centauri Saga» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ground Decoys Armada card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bård Holst
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you activate this and move into a sector with an enemy and start combat immediately, or is it only into non enemy territory?
As I have understood it you can activate these cards whenever you like which would mean you could move in the Events phase and possibly trigger combat?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine Kevorque
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Unless otherwise stated by the Scenario, Combat can ONLY happen during the "Encounter Phase" of each turn.

Yes, you can activate this ability whenever you want, and move accordingly (as long as you have activation tokens), BUT that doesn't mean that a new "Combat" will start.

"Combat" is a CHOICE you have during the Encounter phase IF there is an enemy present in your sector.

There are SPECIFIC abilities and cards that allow you to initiate combat, and they describe it in detail (e.g. In the "Expand Phase" of the "Fixing the Jumpgate" scenario, you are allowed to fight the Boss as soon as you build the Starbasa, also the Special unit "Startrooper" allows you to engage in another combat in an adjacent sector after you have finished your first combat by spending one Combat Token)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
constantinekevorque wrote:
Unless otherwise stated by the Scenario, Combat can ONLY happen during the "Encounter Phase" of each turn.

Yes, you can activate this ability whenever you want, and move accordingly (as long as you have activation tokens), BUT that doesn't mean that a new "Combat" will start.

"Combat" is a CHOICE you have during the Encounter phase IF there is an enemy present in your sector.

There are SPECIFIC abilities and cards that allow you to initiate combat, and they describe it in detail (e.g. In the "Expand Phase" of the "Fixing the Jumpgate" scenario, you are allowed to fight the Boss as soon as you build the Starbasa, also the Special unit "Startrooper" allows you to engage in another combat in an adjacent sector after you have finished your first combat by spending one Combat Token)

Thanks, I was aware of the fact that you don't have to do combat even though you're in the same hex as a raider. I was just curious if you could if you so choose, but it seems that you can't with this card. That's how I played it but I was always a little unsure.
I still managed to "fix the jumpgate" on the last turn in though...

So you can use the card to move anywhere at any time, it just doesn't trigger combat if you move to a raider occupied hex. That would potentially happen in the Encounter phase if you choose that option. Got it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.