4 Posts

Fleet: Arctic Bounty» Forums » General

Subject: How Powerful are Char? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Robbins

Massachusetts
msg tools
I was looking at this expansion and the Char licenses struck me as being quite powerful. It's basic ability is two other abilities (cod and lobster), which in general would mean that Char licenses are strictly better than the other two. The abilities also seem rather scattershot, in addition to (again) taking from the cod and lobster licenses.

What am I missing about this? Are these abilities not as powerful as I think they are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Bennett-Daggett
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found them to be quite powerful, yes. In theory, though, as long as opponents are paying attention, you won't be able to get a good license like char cheaply. The auction should theoretically help balance out licenses that would otherwise be more or less powerful. That's generally been my experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Char has the Captains portion of Lobster sure, but Lobster will still out produce it card flow wise if you can get that 4th captain out. Come to think of it, go Char + Lobster and enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think its free captains ability is actually one of the strongest one in the game...free captains!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.