Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Nordstrom
United States
Atascadero
California
flag msg tools
Board Games are Old School, I Be Old School
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook it seems like the word "turn" is defined as either a single hero's move/action sequence or a single hero's move action/action sequence + the Sin player's reaction sequence? Meaning, a turn isn't officially complete until a reaction doesn't happen or the Sin player is done reacting.

So when I see "end of turn" from a mission standpoint, that could mean after the hero is finished playing, or the Sin player is done reacting to the hero's play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Per the rules, a hero turn is:

- Spending a turn token
- Moving and taking an action, or taking an action then moving
- Before or after your action, move, or even during a move, using a city action space

After that, their turn is over, and it's the Sin Reaction step.

For the sake of clarity I always ask the current player if they are done with their turn before proceeding with my reaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Nordstrom
United States
Atascadero
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that is correct according to the rulebook on page 16. Under the Sin Reaction section (Sin Cards), it states "each turn (that includes the Hero's turn and the Sin's reaction to it)."

This is a critical detail because in say mission 2A of the Haven in Flames story, it says "End # turns in a monster-free district." After the hero only turn, or after a hero/sin reaction turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
evidence wrote:
I don't think that is correct according to the rulebook on page 16. Under the Sin Reaction section (Sin Cards), it states "each turn (that includes the Hero's turn and the Sin's reaction to it)."

This is a critical detail because in say mission 2A of the Haven in Flames story, it says "End # turns in a monster-free district." After the hero only turn, or after a hero/sin reaction turn?

But on page 16, it also says two more things:

1.) "After each Hero finishes his Turn, the Sins Player can choose to spend a Reaction or not."

2.) "If a Hero is killed during his Turn, he did not get to finish the Turn, and therefore the Sins Player cannot React to it."

Both of these imply that the Hero's turn has finished prior to the Sin player reacting and thus, the Sin's reaction is not part of the Turn. Especially in regards to the Haven in Flames story, where ending your turn in a monster-free district isn't immediately thwarted by the Sin player running a monster into his space.

(also, for this scenario, remember that a "district" is the "inside the building" part of a game board tile, not including the street areas around it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
evidence wrote:

The round chart makes it pretty clear:

Which is made even more clear when the rules say the Sins player doesn't really get turns:

When we played, it seemed clear that a hero had to end their turn in a district with no monsters, or move in and wreck house to make one as such. It's up to the sin player to occupy districts in range and make this difficult for the heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Nordstrom
United States
Atascadero
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with both you guys. I was just confused by the Sin Card wording.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thompson
United States
Byron Center
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
evidence wrote:

The round chart makes it pretty clear:

Which is made even more clear when the rules say the Sins player doesn't really get turns:

When we played, it seemed clear that a hero had to end their turn in a district with no monsters, or move in and wreck house to make one as such. It's up to the sin player to occupy districts in range and make this difficult for the heroes.

This right here is pretty straight forward. the player turn is over when they finish their action/move sequence. The Sin reaction is a reaction to their turn... not an extension of the F.A.I.T.H. players turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
"When a Hero ends their turn with maximum Corruption, reveal their Dark Past card and execute its effects immediately."

Based on the explanation that the Hero's turn ends, and react is its own thing...
If the Sin reacts and corrupts the Hero then the Dark Past is not revealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Warlock00 wrote:
"When a Hero ends their turn with maximum Corruption, reveal their Dark Past card and execute its effects immediately."

Based on the explanation that the Hero's turn ends, and react is its own thing...
If the Sin reacts and corrupts the Hero then the Dark Past is not revealed.

Sounds reasonable. It'll likely be revealed on their next turn, which will be very soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also keep in mind that if a Hero dies on his turn, then he didn't technically finish it, and the Sin player cannot react. If the Sin reaction were still part of a Hero's turn, the Hero could very easily be killed, and then you have paradox and the real end of times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.