$20.00
$60.00
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Way too many Trump Derangement threads lately. Mostly due to Max and that creepy admin Jmilum starting 2 or 3 trump Derangement threads apiece every day for the last few weeks. Toss in the rest of the Leftard adult diaper crowd shitting their britches over Trump and this forum now roughly resembles the Occupy Democrat web site.

How about we slam that shitstick of a president Obama for a few pages? Remember Hurricane Katrina and GW Bush? No? I didn't think so. Neither does the media. Because that was then, pre-black president and savior of all. Bush was pilloried for days because he didn't tour the mess in Louisiana, and that includes senator Obama (see YouTube) calling him out for not being on the ground bolstering the confidence of the victims. Then when he flew over it because his people said there was no point in creating a disturbance by "dropping in", he was burnt in effigy. Then, a week or so later, when he did tour he was pilloried for creating an unneeded distraction by the media and Bush Derangement folks -- many who are here now, in RSP, ordering extra adult diapers from Amazon like Hillary does. Free shipping with Prime, yo.

So what has Barry been up to while coffins are floating down the streets, people are dying and losing their homes and lives again? Videos are viral of old women and shaking puppies being rescued by heroic citizens? He's golfing with Larry David, shaming his daughter for her dope smoking ways and his people are defending his vacation by saying a presidential visit would create extra hassle and compound the already messy clean-up.

Yay! Obama FTW! No hypocrisy here people because Obama, being the first black president already feels the pain of those mainly black poor people dying, drowning and suffering. And if you doubt that just ask his celebrity golf foursome or anyone in his vacation entourage. they'll cheerfully explain that Bush is bad and so anything he did was bad and Obama is a saint so anything he does is awesome.

Meanwhile, Hillary is resting up from her fainting spells and changing her catheter out, prepping some clean pantsuits for her round of speeches next week explaining how Colin Powell actually is the reason for her email troubles.

Trump, that asshole, is down in Louisiana touring, helping, seeing the damage and comforting victims off camera and just in general being concerned. What a fucking dick because we know it's all an act and Jesus Obama is more connected to the suffering via his daily briefings, semi-black skin color and general awesomeness of being Obama.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
His approval ratings top 50%, enough said. Apparently, more than half the country feel he's doing a good job. You sound like you are slightly sore that Trump is demonized on this forum so much. But there is an underlying reason why he is demonized. That situation is of his own making. Lke any other president, Obama has done his fair share of baby kissing and hand holding, mainly when someone pulls out an AK-47, and decides to shoot up a room of people. Oh, but that's a different topic altogether.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Trump, that asshole, is down in Louisiana touring, helping, seeing the damage and comforting victims off camera and just in general being concerned. What a fucking dick because we know it's all an act and Jesus Obama is more connected to the suffering via his daily briefings, semi-black skin color and general awesomeness of being Obama.

Probably the closest to making sense in your entire rant. I'm impressed. You took your meds today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have not looked into the history to see what the media railed on Bush the most - his not being there or the speed of intervention, but it is the latter that has the most impact on people's lives.

Having the president there is great to shine a light on the situation, but what is needed most is the resources/people to help alleviate the mess.

So, if the media thought it was more important that Bush was there, personally, than that decisive and quick action be taken, then I'd say it was misrepresented.

The important part is that emergency resources be sent quickly and decisively. And, that was the biggest issue in Katrina. They are not the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
If I recall, Bush the W was pilloried far more for the federal government's inept and tardy response to the disaster that was Katrina. There was practically no coordination among municipal, parish, state, and federal efforts to help those affected. It didn't help that Bush's director of FEMA was a moron (he's also a fellow Okie, so I can say that about him) who didn't know what he was doing.

Contrast that with the performance of local, state, and federal responses to the flooding in Louisiana today. By all accounts, most importantly the people who live there, the response has been timely, effective, and massive (in relation to the size of the disaster). That's why Obama's getting a pass from a lot of the press and others. Sure, those photo ops of the president looking sympathetically at people struggling to pull anything of value from the wreckage of their homes makes for good newsreel, but it really doesn't accomplish anything. Governments at all levels learned hard lessons from the Katrina response and it shows.

One last point that has nothing to do with the OP: the flooding in Louisiana is terrible, no doubt. The National Weather Service estimated almost 7 TRILLION gallons of water fell on a small patch of southwest Louisiana over a 48-hour period. BUT Katrina was far worse, and while every life is important, less than 30 people have died because of the flooding. There were almost 1,000 people who died in New Orleans, more scattered across Mississippi and Alabama. On a personal note, I went to Mississippi a week after Katrina to work at a paper there owned by the corporation I worked for. I got to tour New Orleans, and I lived in Laurel, Miss. for two weeks. Let me tell you, those people would have traded Katrina for that flooding in a heart beat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
To be clear - it is still good for morale so going down there is good, but it is just not as important as making sure the real help needed for emergencies is there.

When Bush talked of failures in Katrina, he focused on the lack of quick response, not him being there personally, and rightfully so as that is what would have been needed most.

One is essential; one is nice to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
The knock was about the speed of the response and was rightly expressed in the infamous "fly over" picture. There was a reason he didn't land and it was because they had more important things to worry about than POTUS security (just like now). The photo encapsulated the whole affair. If this is handled poorly like Katrina, picks of Obama playing golf will fill the same role. Until then it's partisan hackery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tripp - glad to see you're well and your fascination with bodily functions has no abated.

Congratulations! I see you've joined the right-wing false equivalency brigade.

Katrina - 1,833 dead, millions homeless, $108B in damages.

2016 Louisiana flood - 13 dead (as of yesterday's news), 40,000 homes damaged. Assume $150,000 per house, complete losses and double the number to reflect damage to businesses, and we get $12 billion in losses (I expect the final number to be lower - many of those houses will be partial damages only).

So two orders of magnitude lower than Katrina in deaths (thank goodness) and one order of magnitude lower in homeless and damages. A major disaster, but not even close to comparable to Katrina.

But thanks for playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah, I didn't even think of this part:

If a president visits, it requires a lot of resources to be diverted from their tasks. There would be media, security, etc.

His waiting seems the most appropriate.

It's funny that sometimes you end up getting the most flack for doing what is right.

Please note that the situation I'm about to describe is obviously much more of a momentous occasion but both were actions taken that were in the interest of the people and not of their political careers:

When George H. W. Bush did not attend the falling of the Berlin wall or make a huge speech immediately claiming success, it was viewed as a huge political miss by many, but he did it to prevent backlash in Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union. It was a way to let those areas claim the decision as their own and not have it be viewed as the USA exerting their will - as perception is important to these situations. I found it very noble. (I admit I had a refresher on it recently through PBS - it's been fun watching the various series on presidents)

What i feel worst about is that if there is always going to be this criticism if a President fails to show up that we'll end up forcing their hand and slowing down the efforts to help in emergencies.

It does make me think what the most appropriate timeline for a Presidential visit would be for a crisis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
actuaryesquire wrote:
Tripp - glad to see you're well and your fascination with bodily functions has no abated.

2016 Louisiana flood - 13 dead (as of yesterday's news), 40,000 homes damaged. Assume $150,000 per house, complete losses and double the number to reflect damage to businesses, and we get $12 billion in losses (I expect the final number to be lower - many of those houses will be partial damages only).

So two orders of magnitude lower than Katrina in deaths (thank goodness) and one order of magnitude lower in homeless and damages. A major disaster, but not even close to comparable to Katrina.

But thanks for playing.

But BUt these are white likely god fearing Republican Christian voters. THe guberment is obliged to help them even if they insist on voting for small government.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
actuaryesquire wrote:

But thanks for playing.

What level of property damage and loss of life requires a President to come to town and apply bandages and if they don't it becomes a matter of racism and social justice?

Personally, I hope Obama stay on the golf course for the rest of his term.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
xuzuthor wrote:
Ah, I didn't even think of this part:

If a president visits, it requires a lot of resources to be diverted from their tasks. There would be media, security, etc.

His waiting seems the most appropriate.

It's funny that sometimes you end up getting the most flack for doing what is right.

That's the beauty of it. They can criticize him no matter what he does! Just start with the assumption that he's terrible, and everything else follows easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
The Louisiana Governor has asked that Obama wait at least another week before visiting the disaster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No thanks, Dubya and Brownie!

DWTripp wrote:
Way too many Trump Derangement threads lately. Mostly due to Max and that creepy admin Jmilum starting 2 or 3 trump Derangement threads apiece every day for the last few weeks. Toss in the rest of the Leftard adult diaper crowd shitting their britches over Trump and this forum now roughly resembles the Occupy Democrat web site.

Why don't you fault Donald Trump for providing all that grist for the mill?

DWTripp wrote:
How about we slam that shitstick of a president Obama for a few pages? Remember Hurricane Katrina and GW Bush? No? I didn't think so. Neither does the media. Because that was then, pre-black president and savior of all.

As a resident of Louisiana, I remember this particular photograph of George W. Bush taken as he was doing a flyover of the southeastern Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina.

DWTripp wrote:
Bush was pilloried for days because he didn't tour the mess in Louisiana, and that includes senator Obama (see YouTube) calling him out for not being on the ground bolstering the confidence of the victims.

George W. Bush had been in the region on other business at the time when on the return trip to Washingon, D.C., he merely did a flyover of of southeast Louisiana. But unbeknownst to us at the time and worst of all, Bush had appointed a political flunkie as the head of FEMA whose only other leadership position of an organization had been as the head of the Arabian Horse Association.

DWTripp wrote:
Then when he flew over it because his people said there was no point in creating a disturbance by "dropping in", he was burnt in effigy.

No, George W. Bush hadn't even contemplated stopping by for a brief layover in Louisiana on his trip back to Washington, D.C. And when he returned to D.C., Bush didn't show any follow-up urgency about tackling the matter from Washington, D.C., either.

DWTripp wrote:
Then, a week or so later, when he did tour he was pilloried for creating an unneeded distraction by the media and Bush Derangement folks -- many who are here now, in RSP, ordering extra adult diapers from Amazon like Hillary does. Free shipping with Prime, yo.

By the time he showed up in Louisiana, George W. Bush was confronted with the reality of the inadequacy of his FEMA appointee ("You've done a helluva job, Brownie!") but chose to try to rehabilitate Brownie's image instead of replacing him. As the growing inadequacies of his FEMA director became public and undeniable, only then -- when it was too late -- did Bush act to try to correct matters.

Worse yet, Bush's policies outsourced the greater majority of the later clean-up and repair work to Texas contractors over Louisiana ones. I learned of this from some Shreveport electricians who'd gone down to New Orleans only to be turned away.

Even worst, the Bush administration allocated far more money per capita to Republican Haley Barbour's Mississippi than to Democratic Governor Kathleen Blanco's Louisiana. Indeed, Bush tried to pull some political shenanigans with Blanco which less than a year later, the Governors Association repudiated for uncalled-for partisan rancor at a time of such tragedy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let us look at the kinds of Criticism Bush got

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4765058.stm

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/27/national/nationalspecial/f...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/sep/03/hurricanekatri...

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/US/09/13/katrina.response/

So anyone care to provide a link criticizing him for not being there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Obama was asked to wait...Trump was specifically told NOT to come but he did anyway...and people had to drop what they were doing to keep tabs on Trump. Great job idiot.

...and all it took was ten seconds to find out the truth.

I though maybe the new kids could learn a thing or two from Captain Dipshit but it seems they have already lapped the old man. He needs to train back up. He should start with criticizing Craiglslist postings all angry like and move up from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks DW for reminding us what a royal fuck up GWB was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:

Sorry he was a Republican Fuck up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:

I bet he would have had a ton of thumbs though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

Fortunately, if the polls hold up, we WON'T have to deal with it in a few more months ! LOL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:

Whatever. I don't have a history of Bush Derangement Syndrome like you and the majority of the ill-informed sheep fuckers here in RSP. Remember, as covered here over the years, I wasn't a Bush supporter in 2000 and the two reasons he got my vote in 2004 were the war everyone except two people in congress asked him to start and the second was this:

I don't think even the most deranged ass-kissing liberal in RSP would have been happy with Kerry.

But since your personal Savior, Jesus Obama, has already racked up 300 golf games and a $72M vacation tag (that's $10M a year folks, for vacations) and you are unfazed, then I see no reason to believe anyone here would think Jesus O is out of touch yukking it up with the celebs while The Hairpiece is getting sweaty handing out Twinkies and PlayDough down there with the peasantry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You seem really pissed about Obama's vacation time and costs and yet the under 200 days he has spent on vacations is dwarfed by the 879 vacation days taken by Bush 2.

During his eight-year presidency, Bush did take 879 days of vacation, including 77 trips to his Texas ranch. So far, Obama has taken about 150 days off.

It's reality, not "Bush derangement syndrome" as you seem to think. Not that I'd expect you to acknowledge reality.

SELECTIVE OUTRAGE !!! LOL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.