Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Legendary: Big Trouble in Little China» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bribe keyword rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio Capo
Puerto Rico
San Juan
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Lords of Death henchmen villain card has the keyword Bribe.

Nowhere in the rulebook is this explained, or on the card. First few times I played ignoring it. By chance watching a Marvel Dark City review i saw it has an effect. From the Legendary Marvel Dark City rulebook:

Bribe: You can fight villains with the
keyword “Bribe” by spending any
combination of Attack and/or Recruit points.

Added here for other players who had the same question and can now use the rule.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
antoniocapo wrote:
The Lords of Death henchmen villain card has the keyword Bribe.

Nowhere in the rulebook is this explained, or on the card. First few times I played ignoring it. By chance watching a Marvel Dark City review i saw it has an effect. From the Legendary Marvel Dark City rulebook:

Bribe: You can fight villains with the
keyword “Bribe” by spending any
combination of Attack and/or Recruit points.

Added here for other players who had the same question and can now use the rule.


Are you sure???

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/3126515/legendary-big-trouble...

I can see it fine.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Capo
Puerto Rico
San Juan
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


Thats the actual card in my game, must been misprint! modest

Anyone else with the game can verify their card has the correct explanation of the ability or is it truncated like in mine?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Were you one of the people to get the ones being sold at a convention or did you get it from a shop? thats quite a difference if you havent been playing since dark city I have to admit, even worse as it's not in the same universe. glad to see some keywords crossing over between sets, but sadly Im leaning towards not getting this set at moment.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
badmike01 wrote:
Were you one of the people to get the ones being sold at a convention or did you get it from a shop? thats quite a difference if you havent been playing since dark city I have to admit, even worse as it's not in the same universe. glad to see some keywords crossing over between sets, but sadly Im leaning towards not getting this set at moment.


It is extremely weird that they dis not include an explanation in the rulebook. Unprecedented, careless and not very user-friendly. Wish Devin Low had designed this game too...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Capo
Puerto Rico
San Juan
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
badmike01 wrote:
Were you one of the people to get the ones being sold at a convention or did you get it from a shop? thats quite a difference if you havent been playing since dark city I have to admit, even worse as it's not in the same universe. glad to see some keywords crossing over between sets, but sadly Im leaning towards not getting this set at moment.


I got the game from Coolstuffinc, online retailer. I started playing Legendary Aliens Encounters just a month ago, then tried Big Trouble in Little China. So i was unfamiliar with the keyword.

I like both games, and much prefer the theme of BTiLC, however i think Legendary Aliens is the better game, with more strategic options, more polished and can be played solo. Have been playing BTiLC solo, but it requires some fudging of the game rules as it wasnt designed for solo play.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Weihrauch
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here - also don't have an explanation neither on the card or in the rules. Luckily I own Dark City and so I didn't really care ;-)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelvin Green
United Kingdom
Brighton
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
antoniocapo wrote:


Thats the actual card in my game, must been misprint! :modest:

Anyone else with the game can verify their card has the correct explanation of the ability or is it truncated like in mine?


That is the exact same card as I have in my set and it puzzled us too!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.