Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

.... but it's just a lot of dry stats and numbers....

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy football isn't about the stats, it's about social aspect of the league. It's about getting together at a local bar to conduct the draft, where you snicker at your opponents' horrible picks while you trumpet your own genius selections (only to find out that the player you just chose has been suspended by the NFL for the whole season for failing a drug test). It's about everyone leaving the draft thinking that their team will finish 10-4 when it's more likely to finish 5-9, again. It's about combing the waiver wire at 2 am in the morning trying to find that hidden gem of a player that will turn around your team's season. It's about the trash talking of your opponents during the season. It's about telling this week's opponent how their team is a worthless pile of junk and how you are going to crush them with one arm tied behind your back. It's about how creative you can be with your explanation when, rather than winning as you predicted, your team instead gets blown out by 30 points by your junk-pile opponent (I find myself in this spot more often than not!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a relative newbie to fantasy football, with last year being my first foray. trying it again this year, but I kept my team name. We needed something that would personify the ferocity and skill of my team - something that immediately let my opponents know the kind of fight they were in for.

...I went with Cute Fuzzy Bunnies.

Kept the name this year, but added an optimistic picture, hoping for better performance out of my team...

edit: actually, just found this pic, think I may like it better... What say you, Chit Chat, is this a better pic for my team?

Poll
Which picture should I choose?
First picture (white rabbit)
Second picture (black rabbit, w/ full quote)
      23 answers
Poll created by jeffreyac

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

Actually, I used to participate in an MMO named Goal Line Blitz. Your PC had stats, gained XP per play, leveled up, etc. Just like other MMOs, it was haunted by min/max'ers. Now THAT is D&D for jock sniffers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
Actually, I used to participate in an MMO named Goal Line Blitz. Your PC had stats, gained XP per play, leveled up, etc. Just like other MMOs, it was haunted by min/max'ers. Now THAT is D&D for jock sniffers.

I wanted to love that game more than I did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
Fantasy football isn't about the stats, it's about social aspect of the league. It's about getting together at a local bar to conduct the draft, where you snicker at your opponents' horrible picks while you trumpet your own genius selections (only to find out that the player you just chose has been suspended by the NFL for the whole season for failing a drug test). It's about everyone leaving the draft thinking that their team will finish 10-4 when it's more likely to finish 5-9, again. It's about combing the waiver wire at 2 am in the morning trying to find that hidden gem of a player that will turn around your team's season. It's about the trash talking of your opponents during the season. It's about telling this week's opponent how their team is a worthless pile of junk and how you are going to crush them with one arm tied behind your back. It's about how creative you can be with your explanation when, rather than winning as you predicted, your team instead gets blown out by 30 points by your junk-pile opponent (I find myself in this spot more often than not!)

Yes!

Our 28th season starts and Saturday is the draft. Sixteen adults who turn into boys for a few hours and then a Fall and Winter of smack talk.

Saturday is like how Christmas used to be when I was a young child.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
mbmbmb
The best thing about Fantasy Football

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
If you can't walk, crawl. If you can't crawl..... well, you know the rest.
badge
Any game is the right game with the right crowd.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
The best thing about Fantasy Football

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of your opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.