Popular Tags: [View All]
Toby Mao
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit confused on the rules and restrictions for laying track.

For example if I already have 2 cubes from Chicago to Kansas City, would these situations be legal for a 3 track lay.

1. Would I be able to lay between Tulsa, Springfield, and Omaha? I assumed no because it is a fork and not continuous.

2. Can I lay Rock Island, Springfield and Memphis? It is one line, but the the 3 cubes are not directly adjacent.

3. What about a loop like Tulsa to Springfield back to Kansas City?

I tried posting this on the winsome groups but it's not showing up, so not sure if it worked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
captaintobs wrote:
I'm a bit confused on the rules and restrictions for laying track.

For example if I already have 2 cubes from Chicago to Kansas City, would these situations be legal for a 3 track lay.

1. Would I be able to lay between Tulsa, Springfield, and Omaha? I assumed no because it is a fork and not continuous.

No. Fork and not continuous.

Quote:

2. Can I lay Rock Island, Springfield and Memphis? It is one line, but the the 3 cubes are not directly adjacent.

Not sure what you are trying to do here. Go through Saint Louis?

In any event: not legal.

Quote:

3. What about a loop like Tulsa to Springfield back to Kansas City?

No. Each track you add must (1) be directly adjacent to the previous one you just laid and (2) connect to a city which that color's track had not previously connected. The loop clearly does not satisfy #2 as you already had track into Kansas City when you built the last piece of track to go there.

As always, the mailing list is a better source as John will answer your question and his rulings are definitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Mao
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that is what I thought. I tried posting on winsome groups but it hasn't shown up yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.