$20.00
$60.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Comanchería: The Rise and Fall of the Comanche Empire» Forums » General

Subject: Feeling torn re ordering rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
For the moves
Trinidad and Tobago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Heard about the greatness of Navajo Wars after it was released and tried to buy my own copy. At that time, I had no knowledge of GMT and the P500 system so I was disappointed to find out that it's out of stock and needed a large number of pre-orders before another print run can be done.

I would preorder Comancheria, but I prefer the time period that Navajo Wars is set in. What should I do? Simply give in and order Comancheria or wait and see if Navajo Wars preorders catch on? I just don't want to end up waiting and missing both.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Totus tuus ego sum, et omnia mea tua sunt.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For_the_moves wrote:
Heard about the greatness of Navajo Wars after it was released and tried to buy my own copy. At that time, I had no knowledge of GMT and the P500 system so I was disappointed to find out that it's out of stock and needed a large number of pre-orders before another print run can be done.

I would preorder Comancheria, but I prefer the time period that Navajo Wars is set in. What should I do? Simply give in and order Comancheria or wait and see if Navajo Wars preorders catch on? I just don't want to end up waiting and missing both.


I too am kind of kicking myself for not picking up Navajo Wars before it went out of stock. Second hand copies of Navajo Wars are now commanding a pretty high price that I can't justify. I went ahead and put in a pre-order for both Comancheria and Navajo Wars and am keeping my fingers crossed for a Navajo Wars reprint.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilson
United States
Edenton
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AeroVirtus wrote:
For_the_moves wrote:
Heard about the greatness of Navajo Wars after it was released and tried to buy my own copy. At that time, I had no knowledge of GMT and the P500 system so I was disappointed to find out that it's out of stock and needed a large number of pre-orders before another print run can be done.

I would preorder Comancheria, but I prefer the time period that Navajo Wars is set in. What should I do? Simply give in and order Comancheria or wait and see if Navajo Wars preorders catch on? I just don't want to end up waiting and missing both.


I too am kind of kicking myself for not picking up Navajo Wars before it went out of stock. Second hand copies of Navajo Wars are now commanding a pretty high price that I can't justify. I went ahead and put in a pre-order for both Comancheria and Navajo Wars and am keeping my fingers crossed for a Navajo Wars reprint.


The Navajo Wars reprint is on P500, but I don't think it will happen until next year.

Anyway, it's probably a safe bet that you'd be able to sell Comancheria around the price you bought it for if you decide you don't want to keep it.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
croooooow wrote:
AeroVirtus wrote:
For_the_moves wrote:
Heard about the greatness of Navajo Wars after it was released and tried to buy my own copy. At that time, I had no knowledge of GMT and the P500 system so I was disappointed to find out that it's out of stock and needed a large number of pre-orders before another print run can be done.

I would preorder Comancheria, but I prefer the time period that Navajo Wars is set in. What should I do? Simply give in and order Comancheria or wait and see if Navajo Wars preorders catch on? I just don't want to end up waiting and missing both.


I too am kind of kicking myself for not picking up Navajo Wars before it went out of stock. Second hand copies of Navajo Wars are now commanding a pretty high price that I can't justify. I went ahead and put in a pre-order for both Comancheria and Navajo Wars and am keeping my fingers crossed for a Navajo Wars reprint.


The Navajo Wars reprint is on P500, but I don't think it will happen until next year.

Anyway, it's probably a safe bet that you'd be able to sell Comancheria around the price you bought it for if you decide you don't want to keep it.

I was about to type that, but Matt saved me some electrons.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
For_the_moves wrote:
Heard about the greatness of Navajo Wars after it was released and tried to buy my own copy. At that time, I had no knowledge of GMT and the P500 system so I was disappointed to find out that it's out of stock and needed a large number of pre-orders before another print run can be done.

I would preorder Comancheria, but I prefer the time period that Navajo Wars is set in. What should I do? Simply give in and order Comancheria or wait and see if Navajo Wars preorders catch on? I just don't want to end up waiting and missing both.


Comancheria is off to the printers right now. Navajo Wars could be a bit more time.

Of course you can cancel pre-order any time before your card is charged and that only happens right before it ships. Why not pre-order both games?

-Joel
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
For the moves
Trinidad and Tobago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
joel_m_toppen wrote:

Of course you can cancel pre-order any time before your card is charged and that only happens right before it ships. Why not pre-order both games?

-Joel


Because I prefer Navajo Wars and don't want to end up getting both. Which could happen seeing that Comancheria is already off to the printers and it looks like Navajo Wars won't be reprinted soon.

Maybe I'll just order Comancheria and quit waiting. With the designer's experience from the first game and the system refinements, Comancheria is bound to be better, right Joel? modest
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the Navajo Wars reprint is already at 200+ preorders, which looks good. But Comancheria is about to come out, and from my experience, people will try and like the game, and that will bump up the preorders on the Navajo Wars reprint.
My guess is that it won't take that long to see it back in print. Now, the real question is this: is "about a year" too long a wait for you?

Ball's in your court, chief.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For_the_moves wrote:
joel_m_toppen wrote:

Of course you can cancel pre-order any time before your card is charged and that only happens right before it ships. Why not pre-order both games?

-Joel


Because I prefer Navajo Wars and don't want to end up getting both. Which could happen seeing that Comancheria is already off to the printers and it looks like Navajo Wars won't be reprinted soon.

Maybe I'll just order Comancheria and quit waiting. With the designer's experience from the first game and the system refinements, Comancheria is bound to be better, right Joel? modest


I think you should get both. Pre-order both and see if you like the style of play of Comancheria. If you do, don't cancel your Navajo Wars order.

Comancheria has the same engine as Navajo Wars, but because of the different time and setting, Joel didn't make a clone. Each tribe dealt with matters very differently. Joel fleshed that out in the design and mechanics.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
weishaupt wrote:
Well, the Navajo Wars reprint is already at 200+ preorders, which looks good. But Comancheria is about to come out, and from my experience, people will try and like the game, and that will bump up the preorders on the Navajo Wars reprint.
My guess is that it won't take that long to see it back in print. Now, the real question is this: is "about a year" too long a wait for you?

Ball's in your court, chief.


Is there a reason GMT can't just reprint Navajo Wars while printing Comancheria? Haven't they done that for other games of similar engines?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't put in a lot of P500's but they don't seem to publish related COIN games when one reaches 500 so I'm not sure they would do the same with Navajo Wars & Comancheria.

To the OP, just put in a P500 for both, then play Comancheria when it's available. You won't be charged for either until they're close to shipping, so it's not like a pre-order will instantly affect your game budget. If you play Navajo Wars & like it better, I'm sure you can find someone who wants a copy of Comancheria or vice-versa (math trade, bgg market, etc).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
For_the_moves wrote:
joel_m_toppen wrote:

Of course you can cancel pre-order any time before your card is charged and that only happens right before it ships. Why not pre-order both games?

-Joel


Because I prefer Navajo Wars and don't want to end up getting both. Which could happen seeing that Comancheria is already off to the printers and it looks like Navajo Wars won't be reprinted soon.

Maybe I'll just order Comancheria and quit waiting. With the designer's experience from the first game and the system refinements, Comancheria is bound to be better, right Joel? modest


I should point out that they are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAMES. Navajo Wars is quite different from Comanchería.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
joel_m_toppen wrote:
For_the_moves wrote:
joel_m_toppen wrote:

Of course you can cancel pre-order any time before your card is charged and that only happens right before it ships. Why not pre-order both games?

-Joel


Because I prefer Navajo Wars and don't want to end up getting both. Which could happen seeing that Comancheria is already off to the printers and it looks like Navajo Wars won't be reprinted soon.

Maybe I'll just order Comancheria and quit waiting. With the designer's experience from the first game and the system refinements, Comancheria is bound to be better, right Joel? modest


I should point out that they are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAMES. Navajo Wars is quite different from Comanchería.


I've playtested Comancheria a little bit. The mechanics are quite different from Navajo Wars; so is the game play. So, seconded. I look forward to it being published!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.