$15.00
$5.00
$20.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gain last wound, it's discarded, am I wounded? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Perschbacher
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I gain the last wound but the text says to discard it, do I become wounded still?

Basically wondering about the order of events there.

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so, since the wound effect needs to be fully resolved before you would become wounded. Part of resolving is reading the text and doing what it says. After that is complete, then you would check for wounding.

What I want to know is if you receive 3 Damage and the first hits your max, do you receive all 3 Damage then discard and become wounded, or take 1 damage, discard and become wounded, then the next 2 wounds?

-shnar
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
I don't think so, since the wound effect needs to be fully resolved before you would become wounded. Part of resolving is reading the text and doing what it says. After that is complete, then you would check for wounding.

What I want to know is if you receive 3 Damage and the first hits your max, do you receive all 3 Damage then discard and become wounded, or take 1 damage, discard and become wounded, then the next 2 wounds?

-shnar



RR page 7 under "wounded": "If an effect cause an investigator to suffer Damage in excess of his health, he suffers all Damage from that effect before becoming Wounded and discarding his facedown Damage."

8 
 Thumb up
0.27
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Off topic but related, I think it's cool how FFG design team used the damage & horror cards as the counters too.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
shnar wrote:
I don't think so, since the wound effect needs to be fully resolved before you would become wounded. Part of resolving is reading the text and doing what it says. After that is complete, then you would check for wounding.

What I want to know is if you receive 3 Damage and the first hits your max, do you receive all 3 Damage then discard and become wounded, or take 1 damage, discard and become wounded, then the next 2 wounds?

-shnar



RR page 7 under "wounded": "If an effect cause an investigator to suffer Damage in excess of his health, he suffers all Damage from that effect before becoming Wounded and discarding his facedown Damage."


Thanks, missed that part. Which also implies that all of the damage is completely resolved before even checking to see if you are wounded (so if you would discard that last card and not be at your max, you wouldn't be wounded).

-shnar
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Velox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
You do whatever the card says. Whatever the card tells you to do, judge accordingly afterward. So if you reach the maximum amount of damage necessary to become wounded, but are told to then discard the card, then you aren't wounded; you're still one damage away from being wounded.

Basically, you keep going until the last card is resolved, regardless of already becoming wounded (or becoming insane.) After all, that last card needing to be resolved may be a keep faceup card. Or very well tell you to discard.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StarryAqua wrote:
After all, that last card needing to be resolved may be a keep faceup card.
Just checking, but do you know that faceup damage still counts as damage (so it makes no difference whether it's face up or face down for the purposes of checking if you're wounded).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Velox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
HisDivineShadow wrote:
StarryAqua wrote:
After all, that last card needing to be resolved may be a keep faceup card.
Just checking, but do you know that faceup damage still counts as damage (so it makes no difference whether it's face up or face down for the purposes of checking if you're wounded).


Yes, I know it's damage. I meant if there's cards left to be resolved when an investigator has already reached the state of wounded/insane, they have to resolve the remaining cards, if any. If some say to keep face up, then they can't shuffle it back into the deck when having to gain a wounded/insane because it's face up, meaning they have extra damage/horror on the table when wounded/insane.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StarryAqua wrote:
HisDivineShadow wrote:
StarryAqua wrote:
After all, that last card needing to be resolved may be a keep faceup card.
Just checking, but do you know that faceup damage still counts as damage (so it makes no difference whether it's face up or face down for the purposes of checking if you're wounded).


Yes, I know it's damage. I meant if there's cards left to be resolved when an investigator has already reached the state of wounded/insane, they have to resolve the remaining cards, if any. If some say to keep face up, then they can't shuffle it back into the deck when having to gain a wounded/insane because it's face up, meaning they have extra damage/horror on the table when wounded/insane.


Correct.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.