$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a power has it's last city on the board destroyed - and if it cannot play any Events or Prepare card that is able to build another city....can I assume this power no longer can muster any hoplite or trireme?

p/s From another rule question in this forum, this Power can still score points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christopher moeller
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's my interpretatuon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't muster. But there's always spite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael parsons
msg tools
mb
Which why when I play Athens I almost always discard the 2 cards for emergency provisions to get Athenian Colonist to set up a city for the Athenian refuges to flee to. The fact that the city also provides support for the trireme that threatens Laconia is just icing on the cake. The Delian league and Corinth have many different options for back up cities while Sparta is typically a harder nut to crack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Athenian Colonists is very important and needs to be setup, since you need an Athenian Hoplite. It's worth remembering that in the Persian War, the Athenians gave up Athens and moved the entire population to Salamis (not actually depicted on the map).

Athens had more to lose during the Peloponnesian War, but I wanted to give the Athenians that chance, and that choice. To use the last Muster Hoplite to defend Athens? or place it elsewhere so the Colonists could be used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IanBrody wrote:
Yes, the Athenian Colonists is very important and needs to be setup, since you need an Athenian Hoplite. It's worth remembering that in the Persian War, the Athenians gave up Athens and moved the entire population to Salamis (not actually depicted on the map).

Athens had more to lose during the Peloponnesian War, but I wanted to give the Athenians that chance, and that choice. To use the last Muster Hoplite to defend Athens? or place it elsewhere so the Colonists could be used.

Ha ha, wish I'd read this before starting my first solo game. I'm just over halfway through and Athens has already lost its city, and there were no Muster cards left in the draw deck when I tried Emergency Provision! And now they have no cards left in the draw deck at all with 6 turns to go. The end of this game should be interesting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.