Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Lorrimer
United Kingdom
Harrow on the Hill
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Could this game be called a rummy variant?

And how easy might it be to use a standard marked-up deck to play it. I'm in a jungle (literally) and wont have the chance to get my hands on it for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
itsastickup wrote:
Could this game be called a rummy variant?

And how easy might it be to use a standard marked-up deck to play it. I'm in a jungle (literally) and wont have the chance to get my hands on it for a while.

No, it plays nothing like rummy.

You draft a card from your hand and play it, then pass the rest of the hand to the next player.

You only play cards in front of you and cannot play on others' sets. The goal isn't to get rid of cards, anyways, but rather to have the most points.

I suppose you could use a standard marked-up deck. I don't see why not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two standard poker decks, it's got 108 cards in total. And yes, until you return to civilization you can make your own PnP version by marking them with a sharpie (the online manual details how many cards of each type you need to make).

None of the cards have special characteristics or extensive texts on them, you just need a little patience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.