12 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: One lattern year gameplay time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
How long does it take you to get through one lattern year?
How many lattern years do you do in one session?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
kurczaczekx wrote:

It can be all over the place. It's highly dependent on luck and discussion time. If you have lot of resources and debate a lot the settlement phase could take ages, if you have nothing it won't take any time at all. A showdown can end instantly or take a ton of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
It's the gaming version of "yes with an if, no with a but" laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kurczaczekx wrote:

About 1.5-2h per, but its been as little as a few minutes, but as long as 4h. My campaign group usually hits 2-3ly in a session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Short answer: 2 hours at the beginning. 1-1.5 hours once you have gear. 2 hours once you hit level 2 monsters. 1-1.5 hours once you get geared. 4 hours once you hit level 3 nemeses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
voltemands voltemands
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
3-4 hours playing solo. I really take my time, as its, well, me time.

Up to 3 hours multiply player. Depending on how many rules lawyers are present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
90 minutes until I get to that point in which I have a lot of choices of equipment and how to use resources in settlement phase, 120-150 minutes after that point, when playing solo (usually 1 LY per session). When playing with friends, double that time and make those three showdowns per session (but usually, not three full lantern years)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevenson Junior
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From 1 hour for short easy lantern year like experienced party hunting level 1 monster up to 4 hours for hard fights and tense discussions about crafting.
Usually 2-2,5 hours per year in our group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lehane Richards
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
StevensonJunior wrote:
From 1 hour for short easy lantern year like experienced party hunting level 1 monster up to 4 hours for hard fights and tense discussions about crafting.
Usually 2-2,5 hours per year in our group.

Tense is such a perfect word to describe how those discussions can be!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Agreeing with lots of the other folks here. First timers will drag getting through the first few lantern years with lots of potential for events and decisions. Experienced players can play through everything much more quickly.

We run at about an hour per lantern year up to two or more hours per lantern year toward the end of the campaign these days. We usually binge 2-5 lantern years per night when we're playing as it helps to get into the flow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I had a 40 min Hunt phase (!), Solo (!!!), hunting a L2 DBK in LY13 of a PoLantern campaign (this one has lion god, DBK, manhunter and lonely tree in it, it's coming out pretty fun, actually). I rolled three basic Hunt events one after the other in two different squares, I had two survivors hit courage 3 during the hunt, got a free red affinity from herb gathering and ended up ambushing the dbk. It is my longest hunt phase to date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the shortest I've ever run is about a half-hour for a full year cycle, most are around 1-1:20, started around 2:00/per. We usually get through around 2 years in a sitting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.