Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of my most anticipated Kickstarters for the remainder of the year. The KS page looks great and I'm sure we'll have a run through from Rahdo as it's been on his list for a while too. It looks like a game I'll easily get to the table with both my group and my family and I'm in for all the expansions on day 1.

Anyone else looking forward to it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
It has been on my wishlist for ~three years and I will back it on day 1... when (of if?) it happens.
What concerns me though more and more is the way - or more like the lack - of communication around it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tmgergo wrote:
It has been on my wishlist for ~three years and I will back it on day 1... when (of if?) it happens.
What concerns me though more and more is the way - or more like the lack - of communication around it.

This. Very much this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FPV
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I'm looking forward to this also. Wondering about the lack of communication myself. I created a topic a while back and all I got were <crickets>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's funny that there was a flurry of communication when Mark put up the Kickstarter preview page. He even made some pretty sweeping changes based on fan input. Though I too would like to hear from him more, this game is still very intriguing and the <crickets> haven't deterred me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
That flurry was initiated and driven by the community and sadly Mark did not participate. There never was a "guys, here is the ks preview, what do you think?" or - after the ks page changes based on our feedback - "thanks for the feedback, what about now?". He did listen because he made those changes but then deleted our feedback without any comments. Strange way of (not) communicating.

I agree that the game sounds and looks great, I'm only concerned about how the KS campaign will be handled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Found it recently. Looks really cool (the Siren and Windmill especially). Depending on how interactive the game is, it'll be a sure-buy to me.

Not sure about the metal coins or deluxe tokens though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark swanson
United States
Columbia
mo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hello Jason!

Thanks for your interest! Richard Ham (Rahdo) asked me to send him the rules the other day. If i can get his review (and a few more) then I'll launch this fall!

Thanks for your patience! From here on out, I promise to monitor the bgg boards closer! I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the game.

Mark

P.S. As I type this, I am working on a comprehensive rules video too, complete with set up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark swanson
United States
Columbia
mo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hello Gergo,

From here on out, I promise to monitor the bgg boards closer! I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the game.

I am working on a comprehensive rules video too, complete with set up that should clear up any questions!

Richard Ham has the rules, and i hope to send him the prototype soon for review. If i can check this off my list.... I will launch this fall!

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark swanson
United States
Columbia
mo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
hello again, Gergo.

I hear you loud and clear! I wish KS allowed me to respond individually to posts. It actually suggests in the margin to delete posts once they are addressed. However, your post has made me realize the importance of more two-way interaction! I am all ears! Do you have any questions for me? : )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark swanson
United States
Columbia
mo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi James.

I hope to win you back with increased communication! I've tried to communicate all i can about the game on facebook, the preview page, Instagram, etc... But, I realize now that people want to hear from me directly. Here I am. Do you have any questions about the game? : )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark swanson
United States
Columbia
mo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Peter,

I'm excited about the expansions too. Of course, Feudum would have to hit the stretch goals to unlock them. (I've already received cost estimates from Panda, as I am an optimist, haha). Of course, I need you and others to spread the word to make this a reality. ; )

Mark

P.S. The game is very interactive. Lots of area control, vying for status in the guilds, the real potential for thwarting opponent progress via conquer actions....and, the ability to migrate back into the game fairly quickly after being conquered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. I. H
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mark,

Glad to see you joining in and promising to be more alert to BGG. The description you give makes it sound like an even greater game than I've anticipated. The only worry I have is seeing that Rahdo is a huge and well-known care bear, he might not find the rules of this game to his liking and hence decide not to make a run through for it. I of course hope that's not the case, and that he'd still give it a shot; but have you considered any backup/supporting plans to him? JonGetsGames, for example?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
Thanks, Mark. I'm happy to see things are moving forward with this.
Communication has a very important role in how a KS campaign is perceived

Can't wait to see all the new info and the launch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
markswanson wrote:
The game is very interactive. Lots of area control, vying for status in the guilds, the real potential for thwarting opponent progress via conquer actions....and, the ability to migrate back into the game fairly quickly after being conquered.

Extremely good to hear! My favourite games are always those with a lot of interactivity. Quickly becoming quite hyped for this game. If anyone hasn't already, heart the game on BGG; helps raise awareness and gets games into the popularity rankings.

eighty6er wrote:
The only worry I have is seeing that Rahdo is a huge and well-known care bear, he might not find the rules of this game to his liking and hence decide not to make a run through for it.

While it'd be good for the campaign, I'm kinda hoping he doesn't love it. I'm more of a hate monster player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C3Gaming wrote:
eighty6er wrote:
The only worry I have is seeing that Rahdo is a huge and well-known care bear, he might not find the rules of this game to his liking and hence decide not to make a run through for it.

While it'd be good for the campaign, I'm kinda hoping he doesn't love it. I'm more of a hate monster player.

Yeah, my likes don't align with his either. All the same, I love his run throughs and you can't argue with his reach. He's more influential than any other content creator when it comes to crowd funding games and it would be nice to have him on our side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. I. H
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
C3Gaming wrote:
eighty6er wrote:

Regardless of whether he loves it or not; I hope he likes the rules just enough to decide to make a run through for it, otherwise we'd have to wait again until someone else decides to make one

On another note... While Rahdo wouldn't pick up a copy of Twilight Struggle, for example, but absolutely loves Keyflower as a "care bear" game, I personally haven't taken a loss in any game as unpleasantly as I did in Keyflower. I'd rather lose 10 times in TS than to play Keyflower. The type and tolerance of meanness varies from game to game and from player to player, so it doesn't really matter if Rahdo loves it or hates it... you could still give it a chance and like it.

... aaaand that was me blabbing a completely pointless paragraph just to pass the time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark swanson
United States
Columbia
mo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
eighty6er wrote:
C3Gaming wrote:
eighty6er wrote:

Regardless of whether he loves it or not; I hope he likes the rules just enough to decide to make a run through for it, otherwise we'd have to wait again until someone else decides to make one

On another not... While Rahdo wouldn't pick up a copy of Twilight Struggle, for example, but absolutely loves Keyflower as a "care bear" game, I personally haven't taken a loss in any game as unpleasantly as I did in Keyflower. I'd rather lose 10 times in TS than to play Keyflower. The type and tolerance of meanness varies from game to game and from player to player, so it doesn't really matter if Rahdo loves it or hates it... you could still give it a chance and like it.

... aaaand that was me blabbing a completely pointless paragraph just to pass the time

Jason and A.I.H......This is a very interesting discussion. I understand and respect that many Euros feature interaction via indirect conflict. (Depriving someone of an action via worker placement, taking the starting player marker, Being the first to grab a resource, etc). While Feudum definitely feels and plays like a Euro, it does offer a direct means to remove an opponent from the board, or to out-influence and thereby "bump" someone out of a guild. From a thematic standpoint, these kinds of things DID happen in Medieval life, haha. However, I've made sure that this does not devastate a player to the point of ruining their game.

In one action, the conquered player can migrate back onto the board and continue pursuing his/her strategy. The actions and resources necessary to carry out an attack are costly, and success is not always guaranteed. Finally, the threat of attack is often more present than the attack itself, which causes players to posture, or position themselves in ways to mitigate threats. Finally, each player starts the game with 3 player discs that can be used in 3 different ways: The discs can be used as "Reeves" to increase veneration points in the guilds, one disc can be used to enter the "epic voyage" track rewarding movement in the game, and finally, there are 3 spaces for conquer actions. It is more common that players use these discs in multiple ways to benefit themselves. If you commit player discs ONLY to the military service track, you will not realize other means of scoring points...so, there's a built-in incentive to NOT perform all the allotted conquers, or for that matter...any of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. I. H
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So, in a way, confrontation/combat or whatever people wanna call it is similar to Scythe, for example, done as a calculated economic move. I LOVE that. My least favorite mechanisms in a game are the punishing ones; restrictive with no chance of retaliation, and that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Mark you just upped my enthusiasm even more... launch already, man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eighty6er wrote:
...launch already, man!

+1 thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, and we find Keyflower to be completely awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Mark, any chance of it being previewed at Essen for playtests?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark swanson
United States
Columbia
mo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
tmgergo wrote:
Thanks, Mark. I'm happy to see things are moving forward with this.
Communication has a very important role in how a KS campaign is perceived

Can't wait to see all the new info and the launch.

Thanks Gergo.

Speaking of communication.... Here's the event link you can join on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/858115340989461/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark swanson
United States
Columbia
mo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:
Mark, any chance of it being previewed at Essen for playtests?

Morten,

This would be a dream of mine, however, Essen is my goal POST launch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark swanson
United States
Columbia
mo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
eighty6er wrote:
Mark,

Glad to see you joining in and promising to be more alert to BGG. The description you give makes it sound like an even greater game than I've anticipated. The only worry I have is seeing that Rahdo is a huge and well-known care bear, he might not find the rules of this game to his liking and hence decide not to make a run through for it. I of course hope that's not the case, and that he'd still give it a shot; but have you considered any backup/supporting plans to him? JonGetsGames, for example?

By the way A.I.H....

I had a great convo with Jon Gets Games. I told him he would be a great fit for Feudum as he totally "gets" heavier games. (His #1 is Age of Empires). Anyway, he was VERY interested but was completely booked. He used to do Kickstarter Preview type videos by only does full playthroughs instead. However, Man vs. Meeple and Undead Viking are in the works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.