20 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [FunAgain] $5 off a $25+ order by signing up for newsletter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S S
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have ordered with Funagain before, even in the past couple of weeks and this is the first time I have been prompted by a popup to sign up for their newsletter - if you do you get $5 off your next order over $25. So try clearing your browser and browsing their site.

If you don't frequent Funagain make sure to also send in a screenshot of your current reward level at your most preferred online gaming shop if you already have one. FA will bump your discount level up to match/exceed it.
For instance, a level seven membership at CSI (3% off) will bring you up to the their top discount level at funagain (15%) which brings their pricing in line or below with MM and CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Strange
United States
Flushing
New York
flag msg tools
badge
More than meets the eye!
mbmbmbmb
bobombsayian wrote:
FA will bump your discount level up to match/exceed it.
For instance, a level seven membership at CSI (3% off) will bring you up to the their top discount level at funagain (15%) which brings their pricing in line or below with MM and CSI.

Is this reward upgrade policy written anywhere on their website? I'm already a sapphire member with Funagain but 15% is too good to pass up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
msg tools
mbmbmb
tasiewbao wrote:
bobombsayian wrote:

Is this reward upgrade policy written anywhere on their website? I'm already a sapphire member with Funagain but 15% is too good to pass up.

Yes!

"I’m a member of another board game rewards program can I convert my status?

Yes. Simply send us proof of your existing level and we’re happy to convert to you to the same level in our program. For example, if you are level 3 in another program we’ll automatically advance you to our Amethyst level. You can send all conversion requests to points@funagain.com."

Found right on their reward page - https://www.funagain.com/control/points

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Cardiff
United States
Driftwood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bobombsayian wrote:
tasiewbao wrote:
bobombsayian wrote:

Yes!

"I’m a member of another board game rewards program can I convert my status?

Yes. Simply send us proof of your existing level and we’re happy to convert to you to the same level in our program. For example, if you are level 3 in another program we’ll automatically advance you to our Amethyst level. You can send all conversion requests to points@funagain.com."

Found right on their reward page - https://www.funagain.com/control/points

That's awesome. I've stopped buying from them since I'm getting better deals from CSI and MM. So what constitutes "proof"? Copy of invoice? screen shot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Zube
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
"Something tells me I could easily beat those trained professionals."
badge
You were doing well until everyone died.
mbmbmbmbmb
Screen shot worked for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yup, a screenshot was all I needed. Just send it to them all using the same email address used for the user-account. Obviously they may ask for more, I am sure it is a case by case situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I signed up for the newsletter but never got a coupon or an email. ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
msg tools
mbmbmb
Did you clear your browser and the get the dice shaped popup with the offer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobombsayian wrote:

It popped up and I gave my email. Then what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
United States
redondo beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tasiewbao wrote:
bobombsayian wrote:

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but this is what I read " if you are level 3 in another program we’ll automatically advance you to our Amethyst level. "

Amethyst level is also 3%.

And even with 15% off they are still $5 more expensive than MM or CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ToomanyBarts wrote:
tasiewbao wrote:
bobombsayian wrote:

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but this is what I read " if you are level 3 in another program we’ll automatically advance you to our Amethyst level. "

It's not quite CSI good, BUT when they have a sale it means you can put in a $100 order with a sale item and have it actually be a deal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Miller
United States
Hoover
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmb
ToomanyBarts wrote:

I have the top tier discount from Funagain...sometimes they are more expensive...but a lot of times they are around the same area. Plus they have some stuff that other companies don't get for a while (since they are doing a lot of KS distribution now).

Newish games with FA's discount (just so you can compare):

Dead of Winter The Long Night
MM: $38.99
CSI: $39.49
FA: $38.99

The Networks
MM: N/A
CSI: N/A
FA: $32.50 (a steal, btw...totally worth the MSRP I paid)

Pandemic Legacy Season 1
MM: $45.49
CSI: $45.99
FA: $45.49

Legendary Encounters Firefly
MM: $44.39
CSI: $44.49

Cry Havoc Preorder
MM: $52.50
CSI: $44.99
FA: $45.50

Kraftwagen V6 Edition
MM: $40.19
FA: $39.00

Blood Rage (Out of Stock at all 3)
MM: $63.99
CSI: $59.99
FA: $51.99

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mitchellcmiller wrote:
ToomanyBarts wrote:

I have the top tier discount from Funagain...sometimes they are more expensive...but a lot of times they are around the same area. Plus they have some stuff that other companies don't get for a while (since they are doing a lot of KS distribution now).

The Networks

Pandemic Legacy Season 1

Cry Havoc Preorder

Kraftwagen V6 Edition

Comparison is mostly unhelpful because if you are matching discounts to get FA 15%, you already have ANOTHER 5% at CSI on top of what you listed here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Miller
United States
Hoover
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmb
aldaryn wrote:
mitchellcmiller wrote:
ToomanyBarts wrote:

The Networks

Pandemic Legacy Season 1

Cry Havoc Preorder

Kraftwagen V6 Edition

Comparison is mostly unhelpful because if you are matching discounts to get FA 15%, you already have ANOTHER 5% at CSI on top of what you listed here.

I agree. I was responding to a specific claim that was just as unhelpful. IMO, the person I was responding to was more interested in making a broad statement to show how FA will still be far more ($5 more) expensive than shopping elsewhere even with the 15% discount and I tried to provide data to show that isn't necessarily the case. Add a 5% discount to every CSI price and you'll still see that my data helps refute the claim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
msg tools
mbmbmb
aldaryn wrote:
bobombsayian wrote:

It popped up and I gave my email. Then what?

You inbox should have a code waiting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
msg tools
mbmbmb
ToomanyBarts wrote:
tasiewbao wrote:
bobombsayian wrote:

Nope. I was level 7 at CSI when FA matched/gave me their seventh level which is Diamond (15% off).

And actually a lot of things are the same or less, no different than MM and CSI when it comes to each retailer having their own varying discounts for each sku.

I just picked up Junk Art for a couple dollars less than MM had it, I added On her majesty's service for less than 39 bucks which came in nearly ten bucks less than CSI! added Mystic Vale for the going rate of 29.99 to reach free shipping. Add to that this extra 5 bucks off and I couldn't have found a better deal elsewhere ATM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
United States
redondo beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobombsayian wrote:
ToomanyBarts wrote:
tasiewbao wrote:
bobombsayian wrote:

Nope. I was level 7 at CSI when FA matched/gave me their seventh level which is Diamond (15% off).

And actually a lot of things are the same or less, no different than MM and CSI when it comes to each retailer having their own varying discounts for each sku.

I just picked up Junk Art for a couple dollars less than MM had it, I added On her majesty's service for less than 39 bucks which came in nearly ten bucks less than CSI! added Mystic Vale for the going rate of 29.99 to reach free shipping. Add to that this extra 5 bucks off and I couldn't have found a better deal elsewhere ATM.

You are 100% right and my fears are confirmed : I was reading it right, but interpreting it wrong!

Thanks for the clarity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
msg tools
mbmbmb
May I ask what your fears were?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also remember FAG (Uh . . . ) is adding their discounts, (so like, 20 + 15 would be 35% off) where as the extra from CSI is off the already discounted price. (Not always a huge difference. But sometimes matters when trying to save pennies, like we all apparently enjoy doing!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
United States
redondo beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobombsayian wrote:
May I ask what your fears were?

Just that I couldn't read!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.