Popular Tags: [View All]
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official FAQ https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/136001/official-cry-havoc...

Nerfs Scouting in 2 and 3 player games, but not really. This has little affect on the first round spread. Scouting becomes nearly useless in later rounds.

Quote:
SCOUTING: Place one of your Control tokens on any unoccupied Region.
In a 2 or 3 player game, Scouting may only be used on regions adjacent to a region that contains a Human Control token.

Also no mention of potential Machines' missing abilities.

It also makes Airfield a bit stronger, as it can be used on a mini free, but already controlled region, switching control to the Humans again without needing figures.

Quote:
Airfield: Can I use the Airfield on an unoccupied region that has an opponent’s control token already in it?
A: Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Q: What happens if Artillery or
Watchtower tokens are in a combat
between two other factions?
A: Nothing. Artillery and Watchtower tokens
are only used in battles where Humans are
present.

This answer could be viewed as a minor nerf also. As an aside, it renders the instructions regarding the same circumstance in the rulebook obsolete.

I don't think the machines have a "missing" ability. I think when Grant mentioned machines scoring for taking control of regions, he was commenting on the faction being aggressive and obtaining region control through battles more readily, but I can certainly understand the confusion. It wasn't very clear.

Also no mention of region control being lost immediately upon a region becoming a battle region, so I suppose we can just follow RAW until/unless additional errata is added at a later date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Surge1000 wrote:
I don't think the machines have a "missing" ability. I think when Grant mentioned machines scoring for taking control of regions, he was commenting on the faction being aggressive and obtaining region control through battles more readily, but I can certainly understand the confusion. It wasn't very clear.

Quite possible, but they don't have an easier time acquiring new territory than any other faction. The Humans can acquire up to 4 territories, and 20 points in round one without moving a single figure, even against a very aggressive Machine player. The Machines have to battle for every territory, and they have a disadvantage of going into Trog regions blind. And they can't build any buildings (arguably their bread and butter) until they control a region, so again the Humans have the advantage.

I honestly don't think the game is unbalanced, and I don't think the Humans are OP. I just think that the Machines are missing a key ability or rule that makes them competitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mb
Did anyone email the guy who did the FAQ about those two big questions? The one about control in battle regions for the humans to score and about machines lack of scoring potential? Just wondering because I was going to email him but I don't want to ask something already asked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathosis wrote:
Did anyone email the guy who did the FAQ about those two big questions? The one about control in battle regions for the humans to score and about machines lack of scoring potential? Just wondering because I was going to email him but I don't want to ask something already asked.

Chevee, Ignacy, and Grant are all aware of both questions, and have not answered either. So we can assume they were omitted from the F.A.Q. on purpose. Though I would say emailing might not hurt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if intentional, but awesome title cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Spleen
msg tools
So has anyone played it with the new adjustments to the rules? Has it made a big impact? Does it balance the game out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joespleen wrote:
So has anyone played it with the new adjustments to the rules? Has it made a big impact? Does it balance the game out?

Yes, and no. At least not in 2 player. The nerf doesn't prevent a well played Human team from hitting a huge point lead and shortening the game by 1 round, all in the first round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Van Der Werf
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This FAQ leaves way too many questions unanswered while I can't be the only one that had issues finding answers too.

Can machine use their default skill to move a duplicate building into an area? Rules specifically state you can not BUILD the same building leading you to think you CAN move them, however FAQ doesn't even talk about it..Apparently you can't.

How exactly does transform skill work? Do you need to use it in conjunction with a build&use action if you remove units or can you use it by itself then?

Can you play cards from matrix if the building is occupied? Apparently you can, i'd conclude no from the rules actually but not even adressed in FAQ..

This game is nice but this FAQ needs to adress 3 times the questions basically, just a first play I already have 3 questions from machines point of view only which the rules state wrong or don't really adress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The problem with the rulebook is that you have to read it as like, a technical manual. Don't assume anything that isn't already there. I personally don't think this is a great way to organize the rulebook but in most cases people's questions are actually answered.

Your first question is really the only one not answered. I agree that it's not super clear that you aren't allowed to move identical structures into the same area.

For transform: it's a skill card. Skill cards are always used before or after your action so they can't be part of an action.

For the matrix thing: you can't activate buildings when they're not under your control. The only thing that happens when you activate the matrix is you draw the card for later use. Once you've drawn the card it doesn't matter what the status of the matrix is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Van Der Werf
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So with transform you can't combine the wrenches you get for sacrificing units with other stuff? Ie, you can't get 1 wrench from sacrificing a unit and 3 from a card to make 2 shred drones for example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Markwerf wrote:
So with transform you can't combine the wrenches you get for sacrificing units with other stuff? Ie, you can't get 1 wrench from sacrificing a unit and 3 from a card to make 2 shred drones for example?

You use skills before or after your main action for the turn. So, no you cannot combine the wrenches gained from the second choice on Transform with wrenches played from your hand. You use Transform's wrenches to build/activate only in the region from which you removed your units. Then you can do your regular action, which can be build/activate as well. Or do your action first, then activate your skill.

Rulebook wrote:
Skills can only be used during the Actions phase unless otherwise indicated by the Skill. Skills must be used before or after an Action, but never during.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.