Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a Hero has the ability "Draw a Card", and this Hero has a 2 Attack, must I use that attack before I am able to draw a card, or can I draw a card, and then add it to my original 2 Attack, to defeat a stronger villain?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
When a Hero has the ability "Draw a Card", and this Hero has a 2 Attack, must I use that attack before I am able to draw a card, or can I draw a card, and then add it to my original 2 Attack, to defeat a stronger villain?

You can draw the card before you attack. All the attack and recruit you generate go into a pool. You can spend them at any point during your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play a card that gives 'attack points' those 'attack points' are added to an 'attack point pool' which you can draw from as you wish during your turn.

Any ability or effect on that card is seperate and not contigent on the use of those points.

So, yes, in your example, you can draw a card and then add any attack points that new card has to the original 2 points, by playing the drawn card.

This is how you generate the required attack points needed to defeat the tougher villains and/or masterminds.

Note: this also applies to recruit points too, and that both the attack point and recruit point pools are emptied at the end of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a long time player, the rules DO NOT make this "pool" concept clear, at all.

-rudy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thegreatrudini wrote:
As a long time player, the rules DO NOT make this "pool" concept clear, at all.

Yeah, I agree.

I personally had no problem with it, but probably only because I came to Legendary after playing other games that use a similar pool mechanic and having watched a couple of gameplay videos.

I can definitely see that if this game is the first time you've seen such a mechanic then one may find this concept difficult to grasp from just the rulebook alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would have been much more clear if the rulebook had actually used the word "pool".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.