Subject: Dead-Betrayal at house on the hill $27.48 shipped Amazon-3rd party rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Betrayal at house on the hill $22.49 + 4.99 shipping from 3rd party on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Betrayal-At-House-Hill-2nd/dp/B003HC9...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Held
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This shark, swallow you whole.
badge
I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Betrayal at house on the hill $27.48 shipped Amazon-3rd party
Man, if I ever played with more than two people...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xav de Matos
United States
Valley Village
California
flag msg tools
Youtube.com/XavTLG
badge
Youtube.com/XavTLG
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked it up. Nice catch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You could still play with two. You'd just have to have one player take control of all the 'good guys' when the haunt occurs and the one player becomes the betrayer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Councilofthevoid wrote:

You can also play the 2 player variant [you each play 2 and whrn 1 becomes the bad guy, you give the other person the 3rd player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Polioliolio wrote:
You could still play with two. You'd just have to have one player take control of all the 'good guys' when the haunt occurs and the one player becomes the betrayer.

Yeah. You could easily do this. Each person takes two characters to start. The one that gets possessed can give the non-possessed character over to the other person and just play the betrayer character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Councilofthevoid wrote:

I hear ya. That's the reason my copy so rarely hits the table.

I've heard of the two player suggestions people have provided, but this is such a light game, the majority of the experience for me is the laughs the group has trying to defeat the haunt. It's a B horror movie. At times over the top and goofy (in a good way). It's almost a party game. I can't imagine staring at a single opponent would be nearly as much fun, despite being mechanically possible.

There are also haunts where the traitor can turn additional players to their side. My very first game was such a scenario, and I was converted to the traitor's side near the end. Joining the traitor was a blast. It would have been less so if all I had done is hand one of my character cards over. But to each his own.

(Random happy BaHotH story: I was teaching Blood Rage to some strangers at PAX, and partway through they started yelling at someone behind me. It was Mike Selinker! They knew I had my copy of the game in my bag because I had planned to get it autographed, but I had to ditch that idea so I could join them at the table. Mike was very gracious--he signed my game and posed for pics. Woot!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
japester1 wrote:
(Random happy BaHotH story: I was teaching Blood Rage to some strangers at PAX, and partway through they started yelling at someone behind me. It was Mike Selinker! They knew I had my copy of the game in my bag because I had planned to get it autographed, but I had to ditch that idea so I could join them at the table. Mike was very gracious--he signed my game and posed for pics. Woot!)

I like how strangers started yelling at someone behind you and you presumed it was a good thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's back!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
It's back!!

FYI, last go around they canceled my order after two weeks and never delivered it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
FrankNBeans13 wrote:
abonosky wrote:
It's back!!

FYI, last go around they canceled my order after two weeks and never delivered it.

Ah - well - it's Book Depository - they usually are slow, but I've gotten things from them just fine in the past. However, the Amazon price is at $29.52 if you don't mind paying a couple of extra $$.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andro Len
Croatia
flag msg tools
I've ordered Lotr LCG Core Set from them. When I submitted my order on Amazon it said 10 left in stock. Waited a week, then they canceled my order, said their stock went empty moments before my order. Book Depository it is. Feels bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.