Hide
5 Posts

Star Trek: Fleet Captains» Forums » Rules

Subject: On Interrupt cards(when can you play them) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Jeff
msg tools
So pretty new to Fleet Captains and got a few questions regarding interrupt cards.

1) Can I play interrupts freely during my opponents turn ?
Like is it possible to play the All power to shields (INTERRUPT: Turn this ship's dial to the highest shields Rating in its current Alert Level.) card while he is moving his ships ?

2) Can I play interrupt cards while moving my ships ?
Let's say I want to move my ship through tiles that would require an engine rating of 7, but my ship has only got a rating of 6.
Could I now play an ops card that reads : Interrupt : +2 engines to boost my engines to 8 for the duration of this movement ?

3) When drawing an encounter card that for example requires to do a system test can I play an Interrupt : + X card before resolving the actual test to boost the system for the duration of the encounter ?
And if so does this card count as my single command card that is playable during the actual systems test ?

4) Interrupt cards can never be played during actions, if they are not used for a system test or outright modify the action right ?
So it's not possible so declare a combat or scan action play an Interrupt : + X card and still play another card during the actual test.

Thanks in advance guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Jeff,

Welcome to the fleet!

I'm on my way to bed and really sleepy, so am not at my prime to answer good questions such as yours. I'm sure others will jump in to help you out. In the mean time, as this is often a question of new players, you may find some answers in the following threads. If you still have questions after reading these threads, then I'm sure you'll get plenty of help here!

(Each line is a link... simply click on it)!

Confused about Interrupts and Combat Cards

What does Interrupt mean?

Interrupt cards playing timing. Legendary Captain Kirk case

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jeff
msg tools
Hey Barry, thank you for posting these links they were really helpful.

So after going through them and re-reading some of the cards I came up with the following answers for my problems in my first post:
(If I'm mistaken and got anything wrong please feel free to correct me)

1) On your opponents turn unless the card specifically states otherwise (e.g. Ambush : "Play this card when an enemy ship is attempting to move through the location containing this ships cloak token .." )its only possible to play cards during systems tests.

2) While moving it's possible to play the Emergency Power card that reads Interrupt: + 2 to any systems to get a bonus of plus 2 engines for this movement,as the FAQ states Interrupt cards can be used for system tests, moving or encounters.

3) When encountering the Stellar pulse encounter that forces a ship to take a level 8 test with all of his systems I could play the Emergency Power card (Interrupt: + 2 to any systems)
before resolving the tests and still play a single command card during each subsequent test.

4) Interrupts can never be played during actions to effectively play a second card during said action.

Hope I got everything right and thanks again for any help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I believe you're correct on all accounts! Always remember that you can play a Command Card at anytime during your turn as long as the situation allows. Though typically, you can't interrupt an action to play a Command Card ... except if it says, "Interrupt". Then, you can! (Except for combat).

And of course there are always exceptions. But any exception will be evident from the card's text (either excepted by timing specified on the card, or by the actual wording of the ability).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jeff
msg tools
Thanks a lot for answering all my questions really cleared things up for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.