11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Well, I guess it was SorryNotSorry Day rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T
United States
flag msg tools
That day when Donald Trump and Ryan Lochte both offered what they called apologies, with neither showing true contrition or compensation for the harm they've done to the people (and property) affected by their actions. It remains to be seen if the press or public demands any more from them, but I'm not holding my breath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I know they apologized, boot who do they owe what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

slatersteven wrote:

Uhhh, no, neither of them genuinely apologized.

First, since Donald Trump never did specify exactly what he was sorry about, we can only infer that he's sorry that his standing in the polls has suffered because of his own acute foot-in-mouth disease. At best, it was a mere pretense of an apology without being genuinely apologetic about anything in particular or toward anybody in particular.

Lochte issued a Twitter statement that fudged over the matter as if it were simply a misinterpretted situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

slatersteven wrote:

First, since Donald Trump never did specify exactly what he was sorry about, we can only infer that he's sorry that his standing in the polls has suffered because of his own acute foot-in-mouth disease. At best, it was a mere pretense of an apology without being genuinely apologetic about anything in particular or toward anybody in particular.

Lochte issued a Twitter statement that fudged over the matter as if it were simply a misinterpretted situation.

That does not answer the question who do they owe what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

Lochte vandalized a gas station toilet. But I believe the owner has been compensated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Lochte vandalized a gas station toilet. But I believe the owner has been compensated.
Which Is why I am asking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
jmilum wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Wasting police time? public order offenses? Maybe the state requires compensation to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

slatersteven wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

That does not answer the question who do they owe what?

Donald Trump owes an infinite number of people apologies for his infinite insults, lies, and slander that that he has spewn over the past 14 months.

Ryan Lochte owes the people of Brazil an apology for his lie impugning the integrity of the Brazilian police.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
As the number of homo sapiens that have existed throughout time is large but finite, owing an infinite number of people anything is impossible. As hyperbole goes, it's not very interesting either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
I admit it, I killed her, I killed Yvette. I hated her so much
badge
Flames...flames on the side of my face...breathing...breathle...heaving breathes
mbmbmbmbmb
I consider the fact he did not file a police report, to be in his favor, to wit, neither did the gas station. The police of their own free will decided to follow up on a news report where he told a story, nobody invited the police.

Also the basic details of the account are correct, a uniformed Brazilian with a gun forced them out of their vehicle and took their money.

I think he is an idiot for leaving out the important detail that they were paying for their damages, but the whole of Brazil does not need an apology.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
growlley wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
jmilum wrote:
[q="slatersteven"]OK, I know they apologized, boot
Quote:
who do they owe what?[
/q]

Wasting police time? public order offenses? Maybe the state requires compensation to.
What? did you even read what I asked?

If they have paid (and who does Donny owe anything to) they do not owe them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.