Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew J
United States
Midland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I finally cracked 110 in Fields of Arle after plenty of games of "close, but no cigar."

Final score breakdown:

Clothing and Building Materials: 6
1x Winter Wear, 1x Leather Wear, 1x Leather

Equipment: 11
1x Peat Boat, 1x Handcart, 1x Cart, 1x (Wedding) Carriage, 1x Droshky

Travel Experience: 9
Did not travel to Dornum (Plow)

Tools: 7
Points for workbenches (1), spades (2), weaving looms (1), and fleshing beams (3)

Goods Track: 5
15x Wool (3), 7x Grain (1), 7x Flax (1)

VP on home board: 57
Carpenter's Workshop (1), Forest (2), Potter's Inn (5), Gulf House Inn (5), Stable (6), Saddlery (8), Textile House (9), Double Stall (9), Village Church (15), Tidal Flat penalty (-3)

Animals: 16
5x Cows (10), 6x Horse (6), 6x sheep (0)

Bottlenecks: 0

Always thought I'd have to get 2 red buildings to break 110--I also only reclaimed the first three spaces from the tidal flat, so starting to think that is less critical overall (I got all the space I needed from dehydrating the bogs and harvesting the peat).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah I rarely cover the 3x -1 spaces on the farming land and generally score 120s

I played solo recently and got up to 141 or something crazy. I don't play solo very often (only when I have to) But I have played 70-80 times now.

You will get there! :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Richards
United States
De Pere
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!
What a great game. I've only played it solo. My best score so far is 114, so right with you.
I really love how the buildings interact with each other and coming up with a strategy before even starting the game. just seeing how it all works out. I can't imagine scoring 140, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
storkace wrote:
Congratulations!
What a great game. I've only played it solo. My best score so far is 114, so right with you.
I really love how the buildings interact with each other and coming up with a strategy before even starting the game. just seeing how it all works out. I can't imagine scoring 140, though.:)

you can do it ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
It took me at least a dozen plays to finally crack 110. My best to date is 114.5, I think. Maybe 115. 130pts is my unicorn score. I have seen a few people exceeding 130pts in the Fields of Arle solo play geeklist and still have no idea how I'm going to reach that, but I am still not bored of trying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Richards
United States
De Pere
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jrebelo wrote:
It took me at least a dozen plays to finally crack 110. My best to date is 114.5, I think. Maybe 115. 130pts is my unicorn score. I have seen a few people exceeding 130pts in the Fields of Arle solo play geeklist and still have no idea how I'm going to reach that, but I am still not bored of trying.

Funny, my high score is also 114.5. Just finished a game last night and scored 114. so close..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Kerkhoff
Colombia
flag msg tools
I have played mainly solo and peaked at 144,5.

When played solo, the game is like a puzzle. I record my moves (on paper or cpu) and when I get stuck, I go back a few steps. When I have made a big mistake or something proves impossible, I start over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leon Feargus wrote:

When played solo, the game is like a puzzle. I record my moves (on paper or cpu) and when I get stuck, I go back a few steps. When I have made a big mistake or something proves impossible, I start over.

OOOh when I played solo I got 141.5 you beat me!!!

now I have to try it solo again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Richards
United States
De Pere
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
punkin312 wrote:
Leon Feargus wrote:

Do you guys play with the beginner (Fall bonus) green buildings mixed in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
storkace wrote:
punkin312 wrote:
Leon Feargus wrote:

I do - but I mostly play 2p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Richards
United States
De Pere
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
punkin312 wrote:
storkace wrote:
punkin312 wrote:
Leon Feargus wrote:

I'm going to try it with the beginner green tiles, see if it makes any difference in scores. to this point, except for my first game, I've left them out. But they are pretty neat abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
The beginner buildings are very powerful and they will make a difference. They are suggested only for the first play(s) until you generally understand the game and then should not be used (as far as the rules are concerned). Playing with them ongoing is well and fine, but it should be expected to create unnaturally high scores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
storkace wrote:
punkin312 wrote:
storkace wrote:
punkin312 wrote:
Leon Feargus wrote:

I'm going to try it with the beginner green tiles, see if it makes any difference in scores. to this point, except for my first game, I've left them out. But they are pretty neat abilities.

Yeah the beginning buildings are like my favorite! I usually pick one up if they are avail. So handy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Kerkhoff
Colombia
flag msg tools
storkace wrote:

No, not when I am playing solo and going for a high score.
I do use them when my girl plays along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.