GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,822 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Last Friday» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Collier
United States
Westfield
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Before our first play, we had a few questions regarding the tokens.

1. When "used" are acute hearing, sneakers, and shovel clue tokens removed thus put into the box, discarded back to the pile, or simply remain on the character sheet until the character dies and can potentially be used once a turn every turn?

2. Are welcome tokens clue tokens? If not, can they be used every turn along with a clue token? The rule only states that campers can only use one Clue token during his turn (p.6). It doesn't say anything about the three welcome tokens, acute hearing, shovel, and sneakers, being clue tokens. Page 2 and 3 indicate which tokens are which. They do add that key tokens are key tokens AND welcome tokens, but are they clue tokens?

Thanks for your time. Our concern was how powerful sprint plus sneakers plus predestined is in favor of the campers (which was our case), which are actually counselors, but are only called that in the story background on page 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Reynolds

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
That's a good set of questions. I agree that it is not clear in the RAW.

Just my opinion, but I think they are meant to discard, and Welcome tokens are clue tokens (except keys).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matija Opašić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
15 characters with 1 starting clue token, maximum maniac placement of tokens is 5 per scenario, so you have all tokens in play if you discard them. I think it's not a coincidence.

Welcome tokens are definitely clue tokens. That wording is just to differentiate timing when they enter the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Stassen
Belgium
Dilsen-Stokkem
Limburg
flag msg tools
According the rules:

Lamp and beartrap are placed on the board,
other abiliy tokens are discarded.

Discarded token are put into the box.
So I assume that means taken out of the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you have to discard them. Otherwise the campers would be much too overpowered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.