Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
IF, it stays clear until the end of the third impulse in OCT.
(do you roll on passes?)
AND in Turn 4 (Nov) both sides do Logistic phase and recharge Leaders and therefore do not do an impulse (cause they have all HEART lvl ldrs) but rather pass( DO YOU ROLL FOR WEATHER ON A PASS?), then the game moves to Dec, where in Logistics phase the Ldrs recharge and rearm and reinforce etc. - is weather automatically Snow in Dec? Or are we ALWAYS on the track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weather to be or not to be...that is the question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Kevin,

starting from the second German Impulse (whatever action is choosen: a Pass, a Tactical Impulse or a Strategic Impulse) of October a dieroll is needed to determine the weather.

Does it help?

emanuele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
so is it possible then that it will be rainy in dec?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well,

it is possible, but statistically nearly impossible.

Being the Soviet player e.g. I would try to play extra Impulses - by activating just one HQ, only with the purpose of having extra weather dierolls, and considering that after 5 dierolls, whatever it is rolled - except a 6 - the weather changes, I believe it is nearly impossible to have rain in December.

emanuele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Good. I was playing and lost track of the rolls while I was live streaming the play. Also picked up the reset after it hits rain rule. The Germans eeked out a marginal vicotry, but with better play I think the soviets could ahve taken back Vor. and maybe Kursk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes,

it may happen. By the way for the Soviets it is critical to hold Voronezh, as if it is lost then probably the whole Southern front will collapse and any chance of launching a counteroffensive against Kursk is lost.

I'm curious to hear more details by the way...

emanuele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.