Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides cutting corners with shipping and packaging materials, the cards in this game are a joke. There is no consistency whatsoever. The backs are a rainbow of colors even within the same type. Also half of them aren't cut the same.

I one a bunch of games from artipia and this is by far the worst thing they've produced. I hope it's not a new trend got them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Horrible production quality
I'm starting to see a trend here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Dunn
United Kingdom
Ashby-de-la-Zouch
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mine has a flimsy box and pointless insert, but the cards and components are absolutely fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joninashby wrote:
Mine has a flimsy box and pointless insert, but the cards and components are absolutely fine.

You're cards aren't fine. Take another look. Everyone's are the same

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Rattigan
Canada
flag msg tools
I'm looking and my cards and components are completely fine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asher_Earth wrote:
I'm looking and my cards and components are completely fine

Look at the backs of the activity and project cards.. The backs are different shades. They even admitted it in the kicsktarter comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hammer

Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the quality is fine. The slight variances in color do not detract from gameplay in any way whatsoever, and the cards in my copy are all cut the same, with no issues to the actual structure.

It might not win any awards for component quality, but there's nothing wrong with the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In this day and age of board games fine is unacceptable. Variances of color when an expansion happens months later is one thing but within the same pack of cards it's bs. They should have not sent this game to backers like this. When over 100k was raised these things should not slide. And when people settle with fine they will continue to cut corners and try again next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hammer

Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that "fine" is not an ideal target for a publisher to shoot for, but the impact the inconsistencies have on gameplay is minimal to none. Not once has the back of a card altered a decision mid-game, so I can't really muster any anger over the quality of the cards. I admit that I don't understand why the cards were manufactured with such inconsistency, but I've experienced similar issues with games like Viticulture (the Moor Visitors expansion had huge discrepancies in both size and color, but it honestly didn't affect gameplay so I ultimately gave it a pass) and Takenoko.

It was not Artipia's finest hour in terms of production (the box is indeed flimsy and some of my hourglass tokens were chipped before the paint was added), but I like the feel of the cards, the board and artwork is colorful and fun, and we've had a good time playing the game so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel West
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the game several times with multiple players who all have fuctioning eyesight. None have mentioned seeing different backed colors. I believe they said in the Kickstarter that it was not all copies affected, and mine seem to be consistent. You may come to our game night and look for yourself if you doubt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Atticus653 wrote:
I agree that "fine" is not an ideal target for a publisher to shoot for, but the impact the inconsistencies have on gameplay is minimal to none. Not once has the back of a card altered a decision mid-game, so I can't really muster any anger over the quality of the cards. I admit that I don't understand why the cards were manufactured with such inconsistency, but I've experienced similar issues with games like Viticulture (the Moor Visitors expansion had huge discrepancies in both size and color, but it honestly didn't affect gameplay so I ultimately gave it a pass) and Takenoko.

It was not Artipia's finest hour in terms of production (the box is indeed flimsy and some of my hourglass tokens were chipped before the paint was added), but I like the feel of the cards, the board and artwork is colorful and fun, and we've had a good time playing the game so far.

I just hope they don't use the same printer for Among the Farms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donatas kebabas
msg tools
The game is awesome, Quality is Superb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doncekeb wrote:
The game is awesome, Quality is Superb

Yeah ok. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Auer
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually really like the game. The box is not as sturdy as the box from The Gallerist or Eclipse, but it still serves it purpose.

I agree that the different shades on the card backs are disappointing, but they don't affect game play at all.

We played the game last week and had a lot of fun. It's a great game with really nice illustrations.

I'm very happy that I backed the game and would not trade it away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread isn't about gameplay value it's about them cutting corners

And don't forget the 100's of damaged boxed due to cheap shipping boxes with lack of protection and packaging materials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're unhappy about the quality, have you reached out to Artipia and asked for replacements or asked if you could return the game for a refund?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hammer

Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, we get it. Some of the components aren't the same high quality as found in other games, but I honestly think you're nitpicking. I can pull a lot of games off my shelf and show you some of the same issues with card corners and colors not matching. The bottom line is, if it doesn't affect gameplay and the defects are minor, then just roll with it.

If it bothers you so much, sell the game or throw it in the garbage and don't back future Artipia projects. You're not finding much support in this thread, partly because I don't believe they cut corners. I believe they had a couple minor manufacturing errors and they probably discussed their options and decided the errors were inconsequential and not worth the cost of redoing. I would probably agree with that decision if I was in the business of publishing games.

I just looked at my own collection and Codenames, Kemet, Takenoko, Viticulture, Fleet, Star Realms, and probably others all have minor inconsistencies in the cut of the cards, and The Pursuit of Happiness falls within that same range. I'm ok with it, and I believe Artipia did their best to deliver a quality product. If they did in fact cut corners, then their decisions still don't affect gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
This thread isn't about gameplay value it's about them cutting corners

And don't forget the 100's of damaged boxed due to cheap shipping boxes with lack of protection and packaging materials.

Mine don't look like that. Like, at all.

The box is very cheap but the production factory replaced materials on them; Artipia were just as surprised as everyone else.

Not everyone got the off color/off cut cards so stop telling everyone that we did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Artipia said in the comments all the copies have inconstant card quality. with over 300 unique titles I've never had this issue within the base game. When an expansion is printed later sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Artipia said in the comments all the copies have inconstant card quality. with over 300 unique titles I've never had this issue within the base game. When an expansion is printed later sure.

I read differently and mine don't have any problem at all.

So there you go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

I read differently and mine don't have any problem at all.

So there you go.

consider yourself lucky, still doesn't negate those of us who aren't so luck are the hundreds with damaged games because of them cutting corners shipping too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LSD, why don't you work for the printer and personally inspect every copy that comes off the line? It would make me sleep better at night knowing I will have to wait even longer to receieve my game, and cost the publisher so much to fix that future productions will be compromised or cancelled due to lack of funds.

But, hey, at least I will have cards with backs whose shades only vary by amounts only a computer could detect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legend5555 wrote:
LSD, why don't you work for the printer and personally inspect every copy that comes off the line? It would make me sleep better at night knowing I will have to wait even longer to receieve my game, and cost the publisher so much to fix that future productions will be compromised or cancelled due to lack of funds.

But, hey, at least I will have cards with backs whose shades only vary by amounts only a computer could detect.

Why don't people stop defending a company when they cut corners
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:

Because, as has been pointed out to you repeatedly, they haven't

edit: wait scratch that they DID cut corners with packing material, that was very disappointing to see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:

Because some of us realize that production problems happen. I'm not well versed in all of Artipia's games. But the ones I have played all have solid productions. One game with problems does not define a trend. And expecting perfection from every product is unrealistic.

Edit: auto correct issues
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.