Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most, if not all reviews and posts poo-poo the turn based gameplay. Here is my case to enjoy it: If you are family gamers, DO NOT pass this game up just because you don't have 8 players.

Relatively inexpensive Family Game

Turn based brings age down from 14+ to 9 or maybe even 8+

Turn based is great with 4 players and we also played 3 player.

My children have had so much fun with this game and have brought friends of theirs over to play it constantly! Turn based lets the thrill of the hunt sink in more than the frantic nature of the hunt. It levels the playing field between skilled teams and non-experienced teams.

Real-time is VERY fun and we enjoy that too... With older players and experienced players.

But, we really enjoy taking this game to ANYONE who will sit down with us for 40 minutes, put in the soundtrack to Hunt for Red October and sweat in our seats as we try to work out the hunt.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not seen any known reviewer yet say that turn based is not good. They all just say that real time is better and I personally agree

But turn based is great variant as well for smaller groups or a more quiet environment. It's much slower, but still quite tense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Stansfield
Austria
Lower Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainMench wrote:
Turn based is great with 4 Players.

I support this statement completely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.