Subject: Lane change rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Welch
United Kingdom
Swansea
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
6.4 Lane change states diagonal movement not allowed, I dont see what the difference is by moving forwards then sideways, seems to be overcomplicating the rule, I did wonder about successive sideways movement though and wondered whether alternating with forward movement would be more realistic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is suppose to simulate the difficulty of moving to the left or the right with a team of horses and a chariot. If you want to change lanes it is one space forward and then one space to the left or right. If another chariot is directly in front of you when you start your movement you must use a different kind of move as you are unable to move the one space front before changing lanes. I forget what the movement name is it could be sideslip or something like that but it costs you three movement I believe to move one space to the left or right when you are blocked like that.

It would be pretty unrealistic to move from the 1st lane all the way out to the 8th lane without ever moving forward. Chariots just don't move like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the rule makes good sense. Especially when other chariots are close and in the corners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Welch
United Kingdom
Swansea
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see the logic in it now, bear in mind apart from the 1st race I had its all been theoretical, the rules get clearer the more you play I guess
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to this great game! Please post reports and pictures when you play it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Welch
United Kingdom
Swansea
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I submitted a pic, its awaiting approval
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
sarracenia wrote:
I submitted a pic, its awaiting approval

Seen and up-thumbed it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.