Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You'd think they would have learned... just cause it's cute and fuzzy doesn't mean it won't eat your liver with a delightful carafe of Chiante.

This was played with the rules of 1)no access to weapons until Life Stage 3 or someone gets attacked so the armory stays locked. 2)No engineer production of Flame Throwers until Life Stage 3 or someone gets attacked. 3)Cages are randomly placed so that you have to search for them and you must have a scientist present to place an animal or Intruder into the Main Cages.

This was a quiet game right up to almost the end. No Intruder (although he hit life stage 2 before being noted), all the dummies were found first, all the animals were found before I could find the cages and all the scientists were stuck over in the airlock trying to stop two animals from running away. (I ruled that every animal to be captured needed at least one person to herd them... no grabbing one and holding on)

My crew were all on the way back to the science lab with the last two animals when they ran into the intruder. One bagged the intruder with a dart gun and what I didn't know was that a)he was very strong so the cage he was schlepped into broke like matchsticks when he flexed and 2)he was also immune to cold so trying to freeze him just got the door to the freezer wanked off it's hinges. Hmm, well he was still very young so we couldn't off him... that was solved the next round when before our eyes he evolved up in stature and gained the ability to ignore vacuum conditions. That is also when he attacked a crew member but slipped on a banana peel and missed. For some reason the two engineers in engineering started making prods and firethrowers. Didn't grab weapons and help... just stood there putting part a into slot b.

Next round he evolved again... something about being able to grab onto stuff and not be pulled out of airlocks by vacuums. The dart guns were still working and we shoved his snoozing bod into the airlock... hit the button and he somehow whipped a claw out and hooked it into the doorframe.

I was a bit pissed now and I had the horror of seeing him evolve again... I figured now the only thing that could go wrong was for him to be immune to blasters. Nope... clones now... that was his bag... like 3 or 4 extra clones in the wings waiting to rain down havok... fortunately... the crew was kinda pissed by now from trying to off the freak and a volly of Blaster Fire turned him into incandescent fumes.

Must better session this time. Still no crew deaths but there is always a next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.