Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hoped to hold in the Base Game box and the Secret Wars Volume 1 box, everything so far plus everything released this year but I've run out of space!

All the Main heroes are in the BG box, everything else in SWv1, so how do I move forward? I have the L Villains to fit in somewhere too.

Anyone have any thoughts, solutions, for using published boxes only?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jack delavert
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a hobby craft 11 Litre storage box...was perfect until Civil War landed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking to try something like this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYvB-8VmXMQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Waits
United States
Elizabethtown
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-make game setups and keep those in the base box. everything else is sorted in 3 expansion boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools

If I may make a suggestion, get the case from Hobby Lobby and the Inserts from BrokenToken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Doe
msg tools
If you don't mind saying, which dividers are you using?

Also, one of my friends who is using the hobby lobby box says that if he tries to use the handle to carry the case his cards go everywhere. Is this true or do you find that you can actually carry the box with all the cards in it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
superdemongob wrote:

Also, one of my friends who is using the hobby lobby box says that if he tries to use the handle to carry the case his cards go everywhere. Is this true or do you find that you can actually carry the box with all the cards in it?

Well fuck me running...I was really close to buying that case this week. Now I must wait for an answer to this question...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's impossible to run out of space. Every expansion actually comes in a box. Use that box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jack delavert
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randomlife wrote:
It's impossible to run out of space. Every expansion actually comes in a box. Use that box!

Or buy a 21 litre box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
??? ???
msg tools
randomlife wrote:
I agree with you. This is what I do. Sure, the heroes are doomed to get spread out over several boxes (especially if you sleeve), but so what? It's not like I can have all of my blue Magic the Gathering cards in the same binder. It is part of a game's growth. Especially one that has grown as much as Legendary and is expected to grow so much more. It also feels much better for me to use actual game boxes to carry around my board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Monson
Australia
Heathmont
VIC
flag msg tools
mb

I've got everything (excluding villains) in the two secret wars boxes. I keep the board separate, but have a custom mat on order.

Should be enough room for the deadpool expansion, but that will be about it.

Might build a custom box, cutting the box and gluing them to the sides/lid to keep the art work in tact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
moventura wrote:

I've got everything (excluding villains) in the two secret wars boxes. I keep the board separate, but have a custom mat on order.

Should be enough room for the deadpool expansion, but that will be about it.

Might build a custom box, cutting the box and gluing them to the sides/lid to keep the art work in tact.

Do you not sleeve your cards? It seems like I didnt have as much room as you in my 2 boxes (Dark City and SWv1), so I added a third (Civil War).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Monson
Australia
Heathmont
VIC
flag msg tools
mb
Sleeve my cards with the almost-a-penny mayday cards. I think they are thinner than most sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
moventura wrote:
Sleeve my cards with the almost-a-penny mayday cards. I think they are thinner than most sleeves.

Thats probably it. I use Ultra Pro. Im cool with using the game boxes....adds such a great feel to it, as opposed to carrying it in plastic tubs or a wood box (though you could customize the hell out of that, and if done well would be really cool). I just wish there were a better answer for the board than a gallon size ZipLoc bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randomlife wrote:

and then put that box in a bigger box, and then mail it to yourself....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
superdemongob wrote:

Sorry for the late response, got them from Havok's design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How about the cards going everywhere when using the handle to carry the case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cocktosen
United States
Weymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a wooden box user! Find yourself an old ammo box, clean it up and bam, Legendary container. Still have room for a couple mini expansions and a big box expansion. And whoever said you can customize the hell out if it is right. You can customze the hell out if it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Would get quite heavy though, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cocktosen
United States
Weymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
Would get quite heavy though, no?

It's actually not that bad. The ammo box has two very strong rope handles on either side and weight is distributed evenly. I don't carry around Villains in the box because it's not a favorite of my gaming group, so that helps, but other than that I have all of the expansions in there. Room for more.

There will come a time where heaviness is going to come into play, but by then I hope to have a solution on wheels, but with wide wheels to handle stairs better. Like an old card catalogue cut down to size and outfitted with wheels. Mmmm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
jnowak415 wrote:
How about the cards going everywhere when using the handle to carry the case?

Absolutely not a problem! I use the handle often and nothing budges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thats great news! Will be picking up a Hobby Lobby box soon...maybe 2!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've filled two of those mothers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.