Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reid
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Imagine what the cards would've looked like without the sleeves!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
usuba wrote:
One year's wear on S.H.I.E.L.D starter card sleeves with new comparison

Very awesome to see! I wonder what the cards look like of people who dont sleeve theirs.

SO... How often does everyone re-sleeve their cards? I've had mine for just under a year or so, and just started having a few sleeves bust open on me (all from the Base Set).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to throw the damaged sleeves away when I noticed that the new wound cards from civil war now in new sleeves, now stood out from the original wounds. So I re sleeved them in the old ones. I realise I should have just put new sleeves on the wounds but I'm trying to delay that. Next year may need a bigger more general re sleeving but for now I'm happy.

By the way the cards are in mint condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Lyons
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
usuba wrote:
One year's wear on S.H.I.E.L.D starter card sleeves with new comparison

Very awesome to see! I wonder what the cards look like of people who dont sleeve theirs.

SO... How often does everyone re-sleeve their cards? I've had mine for just under a year or so, and just started having a few sleeves bust open on me (all from the Base Set).

I just recently had to start re-sleeving starter cards, but I'm noticing almost everything from the base set is going to need new sleeves in the next year.

Shuffling in the new wounds from Civil War made me realize how worn out they've all become.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i'll upload some photos when i get home tonight for those curious to see how the cards look after almost 2 years of playing without sleeves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a picture on my work laptop, it's not very clear but if you zoom in you could see that there's some whitening going on on Invisible Woman's cards. But those are not the most used cards, so you'll have to wait for the good stuff (SHIELD starting cards, which look terrible, but that's because I've used them a while before I started caring about the game; and the Hydra starting cards, which look decent enough).

By the way, congratulations on the thread! I'm pretty sure the pictures that I'll upload will convince some people to sleeve ASAP their cards, while the fact that some of you have already sleeved some of the cards TWICE have convinced me to never sleeve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just replace sleeves as they break and have found for the most part I can ignore the differences between sleeve wear. In theory, there are enough differences in wear, that you wouldn't know anyway -- though I just barely got Civil War, so I haven't played with the new wounds -- that one might be a bit too obvious.

I use the thinnest sleeves I can get to keep the bulk of the cards down, so they do break a bit more than higher-quality sleeves. But they are cheaper and it keeps the appearance of the sleeves more "random" looking as they wear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And now, for the moment no one has been waiting for!

I chose other cards, which I've used quite a lot:

scheme twists (which are even more worn out than the starting cards, weirdly enough!), a Blade card (that I've used A LOT) and Thor Corps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised, they don't look too warn at all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm only sorry about the base set cards, because I was not careful enough with them at the beginning. In their case it is most obvious that they are pretty old, because they are not as thick as they used to be. The cards seem to be pretty good quality overall, except, unfortunately, for the Fantastic Four ones. I don't know if it happened only to me, but those cards are the ones that have whitened at the margins the most! And I don't even use them that often!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.