Subject: Wood Distributor Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Albert Wesker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been playing and losing at Agricola to my partner a lot lately. She usually ends up with a card called "Wood Distributor".

The card just seems so over powered to me. At the start of each round even when I am starting player she reorganises the wood and then takes two wood from the bank.

Well, forget about the reorganising part, taking two wood for say 13 rounds is OP! 26 wood throughout the game...

So surely we must be using the card wrong? But that is how it reads.. To us.. To my detriment... lol

Please help me!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
The taking of 2 wood is one-off, i.e. only when playing the occupation. It is only the distribution of wood that occurs at the start of every round, should the player choose to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Wesker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes more sense. I wish it was worded a little bit more clear. But at least now we know

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
People often mistake "playing" a card with activating a card. Playing a card is when you initially set it down in front of you.

More fun facts with wood distributor... If you have berry picker or woodcutter or the like, you get the bonus even when taking the reed/fish/clay spot if there is wood on it.

It can hurt the clay mixer... if there is a piece of wood on the clay spot, you dont get the extra 2 clay.

If someone has basket or mushroom collector, and there is not a multiple of 3 on the wood spot, the remainder stay on the 3 wood spot. Example... if there are 5 wood, one goes to each distribute spot, and the remaining 2 stay on the wood card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.