$60.00
$20.00
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
No MTG/YUGIOH etc. I want a board game like mage wars,summomer wars etc

Which fantasy board game has the most creature cards = replayability ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Thunderstone in epic mode

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
broken clock wrote:
original or advance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you want a 1vs1 head-to-head game (i.e. like Mage Wars)?

Or something competitive with more players?

Or a cooperative game?

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
Thanee wrote:
Do you want a 1vs1 head-to-head game (i.e. like Mage Wars)?

Or something competitive with more players?

Or a cooperative game?

Bye
Thanee

Either co-op or 1v1 (we're always 2 players only)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For competitive, I think Mage Wars Arena is amazing, especially with the latest expansion (Mage Wars Arena: Battlegrounds Domination). Replayability is huge with (by now) 12 different mages (2 more coming soon) and a huge arsenal of spells. There are a few expansions, but not too many, and the game is great even with just the core set already.

For cooperative, Mage Knight Board Game might be worth a look (it can be played competitive, too, but I do not quite like it that way). There are not huge amounts of different enemies, but that does not matter, as the game as a whole has a lot of variables, that make it different enough every time, so replayability is great here as well. It's also a board game, not just a card game, the cards are just a part of it. It does take a lot of space and quite a bit of time, though, if that is an issue.

Then there is The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game, which has a ton of expansions by now, which offer so much replayability, that the game can be played for years without getting boring. The downside here is cost, because there are a lot of expansions for sure. No need to buy them all right away, though. It is a pure card game, however.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Smith

Colchester
essex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at BattleCON: Devastation of Indines has everything you are looking for and the extra answer you gave, just swap creatures request to opponents = win. Possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Someday Asagi will be the main character of her very own game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandonboards wrote:
broken clock wrote:
original or advance?

Why not both?

I've actually played an epic Thunderstone match before, it was a lot of fun.

Resident Evil Deck Building Game has a lot of enemies if you join all the sets together. Not nearly as many as Thunderstone, but nothing to scoff at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandonboards wrote:
No MTG/YUGIOH etc. I want a board game like mage wars,summomer wars etc

Which fantasy board game has the most creature cards = replayability ?

I would definitely say Tichu. It may only have three creatures/monsters, but the replayability is through the roof and it's by far the best game anyone has recommended so far in this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.