Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
Australia
Greenmount
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just putting a note here to say hat I received 10 too many $10 tokens and 10 too few $1 tokens, according to what was listed on the front page of the rule book.

Not a problem, as we can just substitute coins from some other game, but those extra $1 coins are handy, as the game involves putting several on every turn.

But the game is light and fun, and good quality. Been playing a few games with the kids, and for some reason they love just making hamburgers out of the cards after we are done playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Parkes
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi Mike,

That is a known manufacturing issue with some of the copies. You can check out the last section of Kickstarter Update #54 for information on requesting additional $1 coins.

You shouldn't need to use coins from another game very regularly, if at all, so long as everyone stays on top of changing their $1s into $5s, as only in the most extreme of cases (every player needs 4x $1 coins (e.g they have 4 coins, 9 coins, 14 coins, etc) and the middle buns have 4, 3 and 1 on them) will you require more than 20x $1 coins.
(I know it can be a bit fiddly though, so definitely request some more using the link above!)

Just to clarify, you only add $1 to each Top Bun in the middle of the table when a Top Bun is scored, causing a new Top Bun to be drawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Australia
Greenmount
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Awesome. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt, I just did that. Is there a way to donate a buck or two to help you guys with that? I don't need it to be 100% free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
flag msg tools
Hi,

I recently bought Burger Up from my FLGS (who apparently backed the Kickstarter). I have the same issue where there are not enough $1 coins but extra $10 coins. Unfortunately this is a big deal to my wife (who also happens to be my primary gaming partner), and the fiddliness of constantly changing out coins has a significantly negative impact on our enjoyment of the game. However, the link in the update you posted only allows Kickstarter backers to request the additional coins (presumably since that's still the primary audience for this game), but since I didn't directly receive it from Kickstarter I cannot request the additional coins. Is there a way to request the coins if we were not Kickstarter backers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Kaufmann
Canada
Richmond Hill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I also only received 20 of each would love to have this fixed.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.