Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's reasonably fun (there are solo rules on the website, although I don't know if they're in the manual for the base game). But really if you're interested in playing solo if you have an iOS or Android device you should get the free app, which comes with the base game, with most expansions available as IAP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cliffy73 wrote:
But really if you're interested in playing solo if you have an iOS or Android device you should get the free app, which comes with the base game, with most expansions available as IAP.

This.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B-Rad
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What the above users said. CAVEAT: If you have just got to have the physical version, there are some great variants here on the Geek that help to keep things fresh. There's a variant called "Mo's Realms", which gives you a solo opponent that affects you based on factions drawn from the main deck. There are also a few dice-based variants to up the randomness factor, and they're great, as well. Be sure to use the "Expert Solo Variant" for any version of the game from Rise of Vigil onward, as the solo opponent doesn't have the same options as you do (it just buys/defeats a certain amount of cards for free) and having that third die keeps from sucking all the fun out of it when you start building really big combos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
The app for Ascension is fantastic, and honestly, unless you already own the game, I would not suggest buying the physical version to play solo.

The solo game with the physical cards is an interesting puzzle, but not very deep. I play it every once in a while, but I'd say that 99% of the time I pull up the app and just play against a computer opponent. For the price of one physical copy, you can get the app with just about every expansion, and you'll be able to play hundreds of times before learning how to ideally play every card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Luckus
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the solo variants. I know a lot of people say just buy the app, which I like, however, I am one who likes physical copies of games over apps on a tablet. If you plan on playing in a group once in a while, it doesn't hurt to get the physical copies of the game.

That's just my $0.02

Edit - Can someone post a link to the Expert Solo Variant? I can't seem to find it. It might just me being poor at doing anything tonight :-/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pelle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blucky wrote:
Edit - Can someone post a link to the Expert Solo Variant? I can't seem to find it. It might just me being poor at doing anything tonight :-/

have you found it? I can´t find it either....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Luckus
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelle666 wrote:
blucky wrote:

have you found it? I can´t find it either....

No shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Luckus
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Null Field wrote:
I have a copy here:

Expert A.I. Player: Solo Mode

•Start with 60 honor tokens.
•The center row spaces/cards are numbered 1-6, left to right.
•You take the first turn. At the end of each of your turns the A.I. Player rolls 3d6. Two of the d6's should be a matching color and the third d6 should be a different color. [For the duration of these rules the examples will be: two red d6's and one white d6.]
•The results on the two red dice represent the two cards that the A.I. Player will acquire/defeat that turn.
•If the white die shows a 1 or 2 result, then re-roll it and the A.I. Player acquires/defeats a third card based on that die's new result.
•If the red dice show a pair, the A.I Player acquires/defeats those cards in the center row as normal and the A.I. Player “destroys” one of your constructs. You choose the construct to be destroyed.
•Remove then replace each card the A.I. Player acquires/defeats from the center row in numerical order, left to right, according to the die results.
•The cards the A.I. Player acquires (heroes, constructs) are placed in a pile off to the side.
•The A.I. Player gains honor for the monsters it defeats, but it does not gain any additional benefits. Monsters go to the void as usual.
•As in the normal two player rules the A.I. Player should take the last turn and both players can still gain honor even when the set number on honor tokens is gone.
•If you have more honor than the A.I. Player, then you win!

AWESOME! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.