Subject: Arveni Bot Devasate and Entreat SA Query rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Wallwork
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arveni Bot has the Winter Campaign event card so is making the first of their 2 Commands & SA's. They followed the flowchart to the bottom March command and moved into Atrebates. The SA that goes with March is Devastate however I don't believe I can do that as my leader is in the only region that has a Legion. Also as there is only one Legion wouldn't there need to be at least 3 to remove one?

If I can't Devastate then I move to Entreat. The Bot command says to first replace Aedui & Belgic Allies, which I can't do as they are Roman, then remove Auxilia or Aedui Warbands of which there are none of either and then to remove player Allies. The player (me) controls the Romans so does the SA mean that a Roman Ally is now removed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
First, I hope you're playing that as one Command paired with an SA during Winter Campaign. It's 2 total between the two options.

Second, Arverni Entreat can't remove Roman Allies. In this case, they'd get no Special Ability.

That being said, there's a slight corner case Volko should answer: Will a bot take another Command if they get no SA during execution of Winter Quarters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wallwork
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops I wasn't about to Thanks for pointing out my misreading of the event.

Anyway no SA in this case but I saw another thread on this that didn't say anything about not getting the second command and as the event says up to 2 of either command or SA (though how do you get a SA without a command) I chose to Battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tasmanuk wrote:
Oops I wasn't about to Thanks for pointing out my misreading of the event.

Anyway no SA in this case but I saw another thread on this that didn't say anything about not getting the second command and as the event says up to 2 of either command or SA (though how do you get a SA without a command) I chose to Battle.
A player can simply take almost any SA without a command. The ones they can't take are the ones that need a battle, e.g. ambush.

I don't think the AI will take two SAs with that ability though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Turbine2k5 wrote:

That being said, there's a slight corner case Volko should answer: Will a bot take another Command if they get no SA during execution of Winter Quarters?

Yes. It would be up for another Command (or Special Ability) via Event and therefore return to the flow chart (8.2.3), applied to whatever the board situation is after its first Command (and no Special Ability), resulting in selecting a Command.

If somehow at that point the flow chart took it to "Pass", it would do nothing further on the Winter Campaign that Winter and save its Resources.

Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.