9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: Any gamers in Leigh, Lancashire? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Carter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I appear to have fetched up in a cultural desert, ie, Leigh.

Are there any BGG subbers in the area who would like to get together and do 2 to multiplayer games?

Please reply here, or srcarter1962@gmail.com.

Many thanks,
Si
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
themightysrc wrote:
I appear to have fetched up in a cultural desert, ie, Leigh.

Are there any BGG subbers in the area who would like to get together and do 2 to multiplayer games?

Please reply here, or srcarter1962@gmail.com.

Many thanks,
Si
Whilst Leigh is indeed a cultural desert in many if not most senses, it is blessed by a central location and there are gaming groups nearby in Bolton, Wigan, Warrington and Manchester, so if you are mobile there is a club for most nights of the week. I know there are gamers in Tyldesley and Westhoughton if not Leigh itself, so it all depends how mobile you are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam I
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure there are a few that come to the Warrington group from Leigh - http://www.meetup.com/Board-Games-Club-Warrington/ We meet on a Wed at one of the pubs in Warrington town centre - details on the site.

Adam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Carter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
hi, thanks to both of you for the heads up!

My problem (well, arguably one of many according to acquaintances...) is reliance on buses to get around, and the vagaries of their alleged timetables, or aides memoire as I tend to think of them.

Thanks Adam for the Warrington club info - I'll check it now and see if there is intelligent life in Leigh willing to give me a lift!

Best regards,
Si
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam I
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ta, I'll ask around on Wed if you don't get a reply (have seen your post on the meetup group).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Carter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
AdamI wrote:
Ta, I'll ask around on Wed if you don't get a reply (have seen your post on the meetup group).

Do you have any contact details for members of the Leigh contingent? I feel like I'm thoroughly out on a limb here, surrounded by barbarians!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you have come across
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
on another thread. Just click on the envelope under his name to send him a DM.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam I
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Simon,

I didn't find anyone in Leigh (someone in Lowton) but it wasn't a full turnout. I'm not there this week due to kids stuff but will ask when I return. I could have been wrong - I'm now doubting myself after no-one came forwards but I'm usually good at remembering things like that - apologies if I am and I've got hopes up but I'll ask.

Adam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Carter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
AdamI wrote:
Hi Simon,

I didn't find anyone in Leigh (someone in Lowton) but it wasn't a full turnout. I'm not there this week due to kids stuff but will ask when I return. I could have been wrong - I'm now doubting myself after no-one came forwards but I'm usually good at remembering things like that - apologies if I am and I've got hopes up but I'll ask.

Adam.

No problem Adam. I'll try to make 24th September in Warrington, so may see you then.

Thanks,
Si
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.