Brian Gill
United States
Bellefonte
PA
flag msg tools
mbmb
I didn't feel right with her fate on the hunt card so I thought I'd house rule a way to save her.

On a result 7+ add : in addition the survivors may nominate a survivor to distract the Harvester. The nominated survivor suffers 3 event damage to 1d10 / 2 random hit locations. The survivors also pull Fade to safety. Add Fade survivor to settlement.

The sword is bound to Fade. Fade has the same restrictions to White Speaker related events as the sword does. Her stats are as follows:

Fade Female Survivor
Hunt XP 10

Move 7
Accuracy 1
Strength 3

Insanity 10

Weapon Proficiency 3 Sword

Courage 5
Matchmaker

Understanding 9
Analyze

Fighting Arts
Unconscious Fighter

Disorders
Honorable

Abilities & Impairments
Blinded
Ageless

Skip Next Hunt filled in

Please let me know what you think. I figure if you get her early on in the campaign there is high risk but good reward and late game she isn't unbalancing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
Small thing... Call it 1d5 instead of 1d10/2... They're the same thing, but 1d5 is a commonplace usage in Monster.

Otherwise, looks cool!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I did think it was pretty odd that they built up a character and story for Fade then have her... Well, unusable in any respect. So good work putting something like this together!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aftera monthdelete
msg tools
Ok. Good idea here, this thread should be moved, but let's really make it shine.

Fade take two.

Play card as normal. Its at the Showdown that things get interesting.
If you didn't make it, BONE WITCH next year. If you have made it to the Showdown phase, use the scenario created by AGN1964 found here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/125652/sacrifice-custom-s...

Change the scenario a bit, use your own wording but here's an idea:

Fade wasn't dead. She knows you took her child!

She doesn't who you are. She doesn't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, she will tell you she doesn't have any money.

However, she hasn't recovered within this time. She was only able to chase and catch up to your hunting party now. Weary, Fade has attracted the attention of your quarry. What will you be able to save?

Only changes made to the scenario would be in the Aftermath. Once at the settlement, make her sheet as what was posted above.
I feel that losing "Honorable" is more fitting and instead keeping the "Haunting Drums" disorder. Maybe add "Leyline Walker" to her stats along with "Ageless", she was a full White Speaker. Movement 6, not 7.
If you didn't save her correctly, she just rises her child, playing no functional role in the settlement. No White Speaker here, nope.
This balances just being able to get her to soon in your settlement. Also, it doesn't involve something lost/gain with a die roll and most of all: not using the model in your game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gill
United States
Bellefonte
PA
flag msg tools
mbmb
I had originally thought of having her as a passive target in the showdown and need to be kept alive, But initially thought that would complicate things and be too much text for a card. I'll have to think on that and tweak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.