Subject: First game tomorrow, what should I be looking out for? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian

Salt Lake City
Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy of the game a couple days ago and I have been reading through the rule book. Most of it seems like it is going to be fairly straight forward and while I don't have an exact question, I was wondering if there was any rules anyone has run into that they needed to clarify or were easily misinterpreted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Smith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Biggest thing we missed first game was the Apocalypse track is cumulative as you go not just a linear path, missed that in the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend you browse this forum (Rules). Each topic is something someone may have screwed up or been confused by. Quickly reading through some of these will give you extra info for that first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berent
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure you understand how the corruption works (voluntary and non-voluntary) and when the bonuses are in effect.

It's not real complicated, but I bet someone asks and will not fully understand at first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sheahan
msg tools
I missed the 'draw two, pick the one you want' part of drawing apocalypse cards in my first game. Mostly because the track just says to reveal a card. I've seen a bunch of people get that one wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When voluntarily taking corruption all unlocked abilities are available. Biggest rule we missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Havox wrote:
When voluntarily taking corruption all unlocked abilities are available. Biggest rule we missed.

The slight thing we played incorrectly is that you CAN use your extra turn tokens instead of flipping a turn marker over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
Havox wrote:

The slight thing we played incorrectly is that you CAN use your extra turn tokens instead of flipping a turn marker over.

Why would this be advantageous?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
icarusmustburn wrote:
rrrrupp wrote:
Havox wrote:

Good question. You can keep your extra turn markers for later rounds. You have to exhaust your normal turn markers each turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
If you're worried about imminent hero death, I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) When revealing an apocolypse card draw 2 and choose 1

2) summon monsters at the end of the round equal to the number of hero figures on the board on EMPTY nest symbols(they are considered empty if no monsters are on that space, heros don't count as blocking a nest symbol)

3)You can only play 1 CARD per turn sequence( Heroes turn, and your reaction turn)

4) Cards don't count as reactions (So you don't have to use a token), and can be played at anytime the card states it can be played

5)You only take a turn if you want after a hero finishes a turn, and then you flip your reaction token to show that you're about to take a turn

6) Symbols printed on the actual boards are easy to miss (corruption, fire)

7)Heroes have abiltiies! don't forget to use them

8) "City actions" are basically free actions that give you benefits and can be used in between movements
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
icarusmustburn wrote:
rrrrupp wrote:
Havox wrote:

You lose them when you die. The hero in question only had 1 life left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
icarusmustburn wrote:
rrrrupp wrote:
Havox wrote:

You lose them when you die. The hero in question only had 1 life left.

Ah, I see, because turn tokens are inherited by the next hero to come into play, but the extra turn tokens are discarded when a hero dies.

More context would help new players:

There is no ordering restriction on when you may use extra turn tokens, but unlike regular turn tokens, they are discarded when a hero dies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.