$30.00
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

Just wanted to ask experienced players as to how much the draw of tiles influences the end results...Today I won, but I just felt that I had some really good tiles to choose from (to buy) in a 3P game, somehow the other players did not find great tiles (that is what came out during our discussion) that they could buy (they did buy, but did nit make a huge difference)...is the luck factor too dominant sometimes in this game?

Having played it just 3 times, not entirely sure, so what to get your thoughts.

Best Regards,
Madhu
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
I'd say they didn't discard the right ones or set the price too low, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say luck plays a very low factor in this game. You're meant to roll with the punches and adjust your play according to what is drawn. It's an modified auction mechanic, which tends to be self-balancing because they set the prices, and everyone can buy from anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Peddle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I learned early in my first game that setting prices at 1 or two gold, is useless. You will get gold every round. At least 5. Round 1 I set one tile to 3 and the other tile to 1. The 3 cost was simply because I wanted the tile, 3 gold was the maximum I could put on it, while still applying 1g to the other tile, and leaving me 1 to spend.

I find in this game, spend your gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.