$5.00
$30.00
$20.00
Ray Pfeifer
United States
Clarksville
Maryland
flag msg tools
I recently discovered the Grand Tactical Series and picked up The Greatest Day at WBC. I am really enjoying the game and its implementation on Vassal. I have a few questions regarding specific rules.

1. Gaps. For some reason this, to me, is the most difficult part of the rules to grasp. I think I now understand the basics of the gap rules but have the following question. In Section 4.2.4 the rules talk about Allied units in column being able to move and assault through open gap hex sides. How long does this need to be in column exist. If I assault through a gap and eliminate the German unit, do all future units moving through that hex side also need to move through it in column? Does this mean that all Allied units must enter column to leave the beach?

2. Spending Command Points. Must a unit that is using a command point to do something like pass a TQC automatically, actually be in command at that point?

3. Set Up Errata. While watching the excellent videos that Ty and Lee have posted to BGG, I noticed Lee correcting the placement of 2 units in the 6th AB sector in the Vassal module. I checked the living rules version of the scenario book and saw why he did this. The correction was not highlighted in the text. My question is, are there any other known placement errata with the Vassal module?

Thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed on these questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davidson
United States
Orland Park
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1. Yes, until the beach is cleared units have to column up to pass the gap hexside. Only when the overlay is removed (and thus the gaps) is this restriction lifted.

2. Yes, must be in command at the moment the expenditure is done. It's important to note that a unit may be in command at the start of an action and then move (as a 1st action) and then be out of command; therefore be very aware of the command range situation/relationship here.

3. I have no information handy on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.