Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I have played Pandemic enough times to know that it won't make my "have to buy" list. When I played Pandemic: The Cure it immediately became a "must have" and soon after me playing it I owned it.

Now I see this, Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu and I haven't even played it yet and I already know I'll be buying it soon!

Anyone else feel that way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's pretty much my story, although I bought the original Pandemic before realizing it wasn't holding our interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal
United States
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh, I probably will get Reign of Cthulhu but I also really like Pandemic. Do you prefer Reign of Cthulhu for the theme?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
zappshmeow94 wrote:
Huh, I probably will get Reign of Cthulhu but I also really like Pandemic. Do you prefer Reign of Cthulhu for the theme?

For me, it's the theme plus the new mechanisms. I could take or leave Cthulhu, but it's more interesting to me than modern-day. And for my wife, anything fictional is better than anything real-world (from any era). The Shoggoths, old ones, and insanity all look like nice bits of variability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zappshmeow94 wrote:

I really like Pandemic The Cure and I really the whole Cthulhu Mythos thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
I really like Pandemic The Cure and I really the whole Cthulhu Mythos thing.

I expect Pandemic Cthluhu to feel much more like Pandemic than like Pandemic Cure. But I think both Cthulhu and Cure make the game feel a bit lighter, by which I don't mean game weight lighter, but psychologically lighter. Which I like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Segundo
Brazil
Belem
Para
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have played pandemic a bit, but I didn't feel like a "must have" game.

Bit when I saw PRoC gameplays, it was a instabuy for me. The new mechanics and the theme sold me over it. The components are also beautifull.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.