Paul H
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I draw The Searching Eye in the initial draw and subsequently mulligan it - does it still trigger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jurgen Koller
Australia
Cherrybrook
NSW
flag msg tools
Great Underground Empire
badge
Explorer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I've been playing it. I've had this happen a few times and always chose to keep my hand in order to not risk a double whammy if I were to draw it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question, and I don't think it's ever been ruled on. It would be good to submit that question to FFG for an official ruling. But my guess is yes, it would trigger. The way the mulligan is described on page 10 of the rulebook is:

Core rulebook wrote:
Each player draws 6 cards from the top of his player deck. If a player does not wish to keep his starting hand, he may take a single mulligan, by shuffling these 6 cards back into his deck and drawing 6 new cards. A player who takes a mulligan must keep his second hand.

The fact that you decided not to keep the cards you first drew does not negate the fact that you drew them, so The Searching Eye would trigger during your first draw whether or not you take a mulligan after drawing it. And if you're unlucky enough to shuffle it back into your deck and draw it a second time during your mulligan, it would trigger twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Janssen
Germany
flag msg tools
The initial draw and mulligan is performed before scenario setup (quest and campaign) which includes adding any burdens.

Therefore it is not possible to draw the Searching Eye during the initial draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oberfred wrote:
The initial draw and mulligan is performed before scenario setup (quest and campaign) which includes adding any burdens.

Therefore it is not possible to draw the Searching Eye during the initial draw.

I would agree if the cards were added per instructions of the scenario card but it is done using the campaign card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mabry
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
muaddib1 wrote:
If I draw The Searching Eye in the initial draw and subsequently mulligan it - does it still trigger?

You are not supposed to shuffle it into your deck before drawing your starting hand.

Quote:
Black Rider Rules: If a player has earned a burden card with a player card back, that card is shuffled into his deck after he has drawn his starting hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris - thank you! I had not thought to find the Black Riders rule book for this but that makes sense as it was the start of the campaign.

Appreciate the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jurgen Koller
Australia
Cherrybrook
NSW
flag msg tools
Great Underground Empire
badge
Explorer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Chris. I also did not think of going back to the first rule book in the saga expansion. This makes it slightly easier than how I played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.