Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once a mission is over, the rules state that the player with the most Support can either get rid of 2 Hard Knocks or recover their Good Luck Charm. And then under "If the mission was a failure", it says, "If a player received more Support than any of the others, he may only get rid of a single Hard Knock card."

But do they also still have the option of recovering their Good Luck Charm if they choose?

I can't tell if they are saying that the only thing they get to do is to get rid of a single Hard Knock card, or if they're saying that if the player makes the choice to get rid of Hard Knock cards, they can only get rid of one -- but that the other choice is still available, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can't restore good luck charm in this situation unless you are playing the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
"A pilot's greatest virtue is to know when to run" -- "What's this, a joke?"
mbmbmbmbmb
The confusing bit is that the game is differentiating between a mission that is "over" (i.e. The mission has ended because all players have withdrawn) and a "failure" (i.e. The mission has ended because 3 of the same threat are in no mans' land.

So its more procedural

Did you fail the mission?

Yes- the player with the most support may get rid of a hard knock card

No- the player with the most support may get rid of 2 hard knock cards OR recover their good luck charm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I agree with Francisco's reply above. That's how I also interpret the rulebook: If you fail the mission, then the only benefit for getting the most support* is to discard one hardknocks card.

* that is, if anyone had withdrawn before the mission failed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.