Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing the answer is "no", but...

My units need to choose an adjacent enemy unit to attack at the close combat phase.

Question: If my can't attack all adjacent enemy units (because it can only attack one enemy hex per turn), does it get attacked back by the non-phasing enemy units during MY close combat phase?

Thanks!

Andre

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rumpelstilskin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to attack EVERY adjacent enemy hex (or: 1 Diversion).
This can force you to attack more than one enemy hex in one close combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm confused:

Rule 12.15 ("Multi-hex combat restrictions") states that "Each unit, attacking or defending, may only be involved in one close combat per player turn."

My initial interpretation was that one attacking unit cannot fight two adjacent hexes.

However, the example at the end of rule 12.15 states that "One attacking hex versus two or more defending hexes is legal."

Therefore, I conclude that one attacking hex adjacent to two enemy hexes should attack these two hexes at the same time, as if the defending units in these two hexes were together.

Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rumpelstilskin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly this is the meaning of the rule.

No unit fights more than one combat in a given phase. As you have to attack all enemy hexes you may be forced to attack two or more hexes at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.